All My Single Ladies; 6 Reasons Why Being Single Rules!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

This is for all the strong, independent women who don’t need no man. As fall starts to commence, many of us females become more aware of our non-existent boyfriend, making us feel like all we are good for is laying in bed (obviously with no pants on,) indulging in a carton of Ben & Jerry’s ice cream, and binge watching a new series on Netflix. But ladies, that’s not the truth. Don’t get me wrong, days like those are totally great, but that is not how we should be feeling because we are single. It’s time to put down the ice cream, get out of bed and put some pants on to look at the bright side of life, because being single actually rules!

1.     Do whatever you want, whenever you want.

You have no one but yourself to answer to, so do whatever your heart desires. Go out and explore what the world has to offer. You don’t have to worry about answering the multiple texts being sent questioning where you are or what you’re doing or what you’re wearing or who you’re with. You do you, and that’s all there is to it.

2.     Girls’ nights > date nights.

The saying “maybe our girlfriends are our soulmates and guys are just to have fun with” couldn’t be any more perfect. Spend time with the ones who matter most while you can. Whether it be a night in at your apartment with a bottle of wine and a Pinterest inspired dinner with your closest gal pals, or a GNO (girls night out), dancing the night away at the local bar until you can’t stand anymore. Go out, be fun, and be sure to Instagram your night to make all the boys jealous.

3.     More money, more online shopping.

That paycheck that you just received is looking mighty fine, and it’s for no one but yourself. That’s right, no need to pick your brain trying to find the ultimate gift for your significant other. You know we all have our fully loaded shopping cart on Tobi (because we are all basic), so what better than to spoil yourself and finally purchase those beautiful new things. Us single gals have no one else to worry about so why the heck not, go on an online shopping frenzy, you totally deserve it!

4.     Queen bed for the queen only.

After a hard days work, there is no greater feeling than throwing yourself face first onto your bed. With your three-inch memory foam mattress topper and clean bed sheets, why in the world would you want to share that with anyone else?! Being single allows for you to get your bed all to yourself without having to contort your body to fit another human being who is probably twice the size as you are. There is no one to hog the blanket or keep you up all night with that obnoxious snoring. Being single includes beauty rest fit for a queen.

5.     No shaving necessary.

We females know the everyday struggle of having to make sure our legs are shaved at all times when in a relationship. But, lucky for us, we are single and can procrastinate that dreadful task for much longer than those with a beau. Shaving is a job in itself, and when it has to be done every single day to have that smooth baby’s bottom feel and not that of a prickly porcupine, every shower becomes a nightmare. Take a few days off and let mother nature take its course, there is no one to impress.

6.     Go out & stay out as late as you want.

Whether you go out to the local bar, or take a party bus downtown, you have not a worry in the world. You are free to flirt with whomever you want, make out with whomever you want, or hook-up with whomever you want, without anyone telling you otherwise. Stay out until you can see the sun start to rise. Drunk order that Jimmy Johns,  at 3am with no one to judge you. You are single, the possibilities are endless; go out, party your pants off and make memories you’ll never remember!

Junior at the University of Central Florida. Radio/Television Broadcast Journalism major.
UCF Contributor