This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

We’ve all come to realize that there are only two temperatures in Florida: hot or slightly not hot. But finally the weather is beginning to drop to the sixties, which means that it’s officially cold enough to transition into your fall wardrobe! That being said, how does a prepster dress for the fall season? Here are five simple musts that should be in your closet this fall season:

1. Riding Boots
Riding boots are not only for horse lovers! These boots are essential for fall, and they are perfect to tuck your jeans into. A few of the best brands of these are Michael Kors and Tory Burch, but you can also find them at Target and local boutiques. And on the bright side, when wearing riding boots, you won’t have to get a fresh pedi before your date!

2. Fleece
Fleece is not only cute but it is also the most comfortable thing you will ever wear. Fleece pullovers are super soft, and they will definitely keep you warm all winter. If your fleece pullover has a monogram, you get extra prep points (Monograms are a great way to personalize your clothing with your initials)! My favorite fleece pullovers come from Vineyard Vines, Marley Lilly, and Target. When buying a fleece jacket, just remember that we live in Florida, and won’t be having many cold days, so try to find one that is lightweight, but still super cute.

3. Animal Sweaters
My favorite trend of this fall season: animal sweaters. As girls, we firmly believe that anything animal related is cute, and this goes for wearing it as well. Recently, a few popular brands have been issuing this season’s knits with the most adorable animal graphics. You don’t need much else here but jeans and your favorite pair of flats to complete this look.
PS: What does the fox say?

4. Vests with collared shirts
I have always thought that vests were only for those who lived in the mountains, but don’t be fooled preppy Floridians! Vests are 100% in this fall, especially when paired with a lightweight collared oxford shirt and a statement necklace.

5. Stripes & polka dots
Certain patterns never seem to go out of style, and two of those are stripes and polka dots. This fall, stripes and polka dots are especially in style, and you can pair them with basically anything. You can never go wrong with a vest over a striped dress, or a polka dot sweater over a collared oxford.

When choosing your favorite preppy looks for Fall 2013, remember that you can never go wrong with J. Crew, the queen of prep, or Banana Republic, it’s partner in crime.