Winter Quarter at UCD Survival Kit

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCD chapter.

Winter quarter at Davis is hard enough when you’re loading up on units to have a fun and chill spring quarter. But it’s especially hard since the nights are cold, the days are wet, the nights and days are cold, the days and nights are wet and cold…well, you get the picture. Here are a few items to keep in handy to keep yourself warm and dry!

1. Gloves

Gloves are a must-have in our near-freezing temperatures at night. Especially while biking, these can keep your digits from freezing and falling off.

2. Raincoat

When it rains in Davis, it pours. Keep yourself protected from the elements in a raincoat!

3. Ski-Mask

Have you ever felt like your face was going to fall off while biking through the cold temperatures at night? To further protect your extremities from the cold, invest a protective ski mask!

4. Umbrella(?)

Umbrellas are pretty useless at this point if you’re decked out in waterproof gear. HOWEVER, umbrellas can be pretty useful if you place one in front of you while biking and let the 54 MPH wind do all the work of getting you around campus. Physics, right?

5. Actually, just stay at home

Safety > Class. The weather sucks. If you never leave the apartment, you’ll have less of a chance of getting hit by a falling tree on campus (yay!). And you won’t need any of the gear mentioned above. Stay safe alive—and good luck with winter quarter!

(Source: https://www.ucdavis.edu/news/wind-topples-trees-campus)

Images used do not belong to Her Campus or the author

Amanda is a fourth year UCD student majoring in Neurobiology, Physiology, and Behavior with a minor in Psychology. She is an undergraduate research assistant at an affective neuroscience lab on campus. When she isn't studying or working, Amanda enjoys binge-watching shows on Netflix, doodling, napping, and hanging out with her friends.
This is the UCD Contributor page from University of California, Davis!