My Experience with THINX Period Underwear

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCD chapter.

I’ve been aware of this brand new magical underwear for a while. Thinx Underwear is reusable and replaces the use of pads and tampons! I heard so many good reviews for this product that I thought I would give it a try this break.

If you can’t wrap your head around how this underwear can absorb so much blood, check out the site for how it works!

There are several different options for the type of underwear you can get it: hiphugger, sport, cheeky, high-waist, and even thong (crazy, right?!) I ordered a pair of the hiphuggers because they looked like they provided the most coverage and I was planning on trying them out on my heaviest day.

Overall my assessment of them after wearing them during the first day of my period is…

Cons:  The part that isn’t liquid doesn’t get absorbed (the clotty bits), but I just wiped it off with some toilet paper. Also, to fully commit to the THINX life, you will need multiple pairs of the underwear.

Pros: Forgot I was on my period, because everything was absorbed, there were no leaks, and I felt dry the whole day!

Overall, I was impressed and comfortable wearing THINX! I wore them again my second night and was definitely pleased to see no leaks at all. I recommend THINX to everyone who gets a period!

To check out the brand and what else they have to offer, visit their website!

*None of the images are owned by Her Campus or the author. Images courtesy of the Thinx website.

Tara is a senior at UC Davis who is pursuing a degree in Pharmaceutical Chemistry. Her passions include 80's rock music and getting as many food samples as she can at Costco.
This is the UCD Contributor page from University of California, Davis!