Ideas for your December Bucket List

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCD chapter.

As the year comes to a close, one of the first things I’m doing is going back to that 2016 Bucket List I made months ago to see if I accomplished everything I wanted to do with the people I wanted to do them with.

There’s a chill in the air, lights filling up the sky, and tons of activities unique to this time of the year. Grab your friends, your S.O., and your family members, and try to knock off all of these ideas from this winter bucket list!

With friends:

1. Hit up your favorite coffee shop and grab a few different flavored coffee or hot chocolate drinks. Snag a table just for you and your friends and spend the night staying away from the cold and catching up on your favorite memories of the year.

2. Have a bonfire night! Marshmallows, chocolate, and graham crackers will perfect the evening.

3. Throw a fancy holiday party with your most elegant dresses, yummiest finger foods and and classiest slow jazz playing in the background.

4. Have a Secret Santa gift exchange and meet up to exchange your presents. Have a theme such as ‘gag gifts’ or something winter-related.

5. Even though there’s a chill in the air, it doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy the outdoors. Layer up and hit up your favorite hiking spots in the area. The cold air will motivate you to climb faster!

6. Grab your shopping list and hit the mall for some best friend shopping bonding!

With your S.O.

7. Many places open up holiday ice rinks around this time of year. Your S.O. and you can enjoy each other’s company while stumbling and slipping on ice.

8. Buy tickets and go see a Broadway show or ballet!

9. Pick up your favorite candies and frosting and design a gingerbread house.

10. Bake cookies and treats together, and share them with your friends and family

11. Don your beanies, scarves and gloves and go for a romantic walk. The chill will make you want to cuddle.

With your family

12. Dig up the ornaments and decorations stashed away in your garage and pick a day to decorate your Christmas tree and house.

13. Have a mini potluck dinner with just your family. Each person cooks a dish or dessert!

14. Have a movie marathon night of winter-related movies. Grab the PJs and popcorn. It’ll be a long night!

15. So many houses this time of year decorate their exteriors with bright lights and cool decorations. Spend an evening driving around your town and take a lights tour.

16. Dress up in nice outfits and perfect your poses. Once the tripod is set, you can take cute family photos that you can then share with your friends.

You better get started right away!

None of the images or gifs used belong to the author or Her Campus UC Davis.

Maria is a fourth year at University of California, Davis where she is double majoring in Economics and Comparative Literature. When she's not studying for her classes or writing up an article, you can find her playing soccer with her friends, working with the UCD School of Education or chowing down on some delicious Thai food with her roommates.
This is the UCD Contributor page from University of California, Davis!