free to use sounds kOuCX7fh50U unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
free to use sounds kOuCX7fh50U unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

How to Stay Stylishly Professional at Your Next Interview

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCD chapter.

Don’t know what to wear to an interview? We’ve got you covered! Here are some ways you can spice up that interview outfit and stand out from the rest of the applicants. 

Wear dark-toned colors! They make you appear more serious and determined for your interview. Try something like this burgundy blazer — you will differ from other applicants who typically wear a common black blazer. 

A statement necklace can really make you stand out without overdoing it. You can rock something similar to this cute statement from J. Crew during your next interview!

A key thing to keep in mind is the height of shoes. You can wear flats, but when it comes to stepping up your game, wear close-toed high heels. Typically, you want to stay in between two to three inches when rocking these bad boys. Try to pick a color that matches your pants, blazer, or shirt. If you are struggling with what color to choose, a nice black or nude shoe always does the job.

Don’t want to do a typical bun or ponytail? Here is a fun and creative way to have your hair down and out of your face with a dash of style. 

Last but not least is a stylish top! Try something that flows with your body. I suggest a textured or nicely patterned top. This will draw the interviewer’s attention to your sense of style and help you stand out from the rest of the interviewees. A tie top pictured below is something that you can invest in. Remember to stay within dark colors!

Now you’re ready to rock that interview!

Image Sources: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Marissa is a senior at UC Davis studying Design and Fashion marketing. She has a love for cosmetics, fashion and DIY's. On her free time she like to be adventurous by exploring new places and meeting new people. One day, she dreams of owning her own business and becoming a well known fashion designer.
This is the UCD Contributor page from University of California, Davis!