This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCD chapter.

Aggie Studios, formerly known as Aggie TV, is responsible for broadcasting any and all things related to the UC Davis community. As a unit of the Associated Students University of California Davis (ASUCD), they are dedicated to producing content to keep Aggies informed and entertained. Aggie Studios believe that their new name reflects their professionalism.

This organization produces a wide variety of content groups so that there is something for everyone to watch. The sports team produces highlight videos of UC Davis sporting events and creates athlete profile videos. The news team conducts interviews and reports on important events in Davis and on campus. The entertainment department records live music sessions, concerts, and dances. The creative department makes scripted short films and other works of artistic film. The studios can make videos for clients, whether it’s for organizations in Sacramento or on campus. You name it, they do it!

The biggest event of the year for Aggie Studios is the ASUCD elections. Executive producer Ayesha Bhasin told Her Campus at  UC Davis that “as an ASUCD unit, it is our number one priority. We help with their marketing and encourage people to vote with promo videos.”

Bhasin believes that Aggie Studios provides “transparency between the students and ASUCD. We are responsible for producing live streams of debates pre-elections. We also make videos for their websites and social media platforms to provide a service through the visual coverage of the elections.”

The newest success of Aggie Studios is their YouTube series Aggie NOW, a weekly talk show “for all things Aggie.” Using a fully-operative set, each episode covers UC Davis  news, events, or funny stories. Episodes are released every Friday on their youtube channel.

Aggie Studios is a team of dedicated and talented students. The organization serves as an educational resource for students to develop their filming, editing, and reporting skills while informing Aggies about what is happening on campus. All staff members are volunteers with the exception of three appointed board members. Positions are open to all majors and levels of experience. Members have the opportunity to make connections with successful alumni and members of other UC Davis organizations. News director Miguel Bagsit told Her Campus at UC Davis, “We are a big family here made up of lots of different groups. On a campus of about 30,000 students, we have a niche here in which we can focus on things that we are passionate about.”

You can find all Aggie Studios content on their YouTube channel: youtube.com/asucd

Follow them on their social media platforms:

Aggie Studios Facebook Page: facebook.com/AggieStudios

Snapchat/Twitter/Instagram: AggieStudios

AggieNOW Facebook Page:  facebook.com/AggieNOW

Keep up with the Aggie Studios coverage of the ASUCD elections and remember that your vote counts!

Kirsten is an English and Communications double major and Professional Writing minor at UC Davis. She enjoys drinking tea, rereading Bridget Jones's Diary, and making Harry Potter references in casual conversation. She loves untranslatable words, Shakespearean insults, and Helen Mirren. After graduation, she hopes to find a job that makes her happy and own an extensive mug collection.
This is the UCD Contributor page from University of California, Davis!