jamie street KaAiThQZrGU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jamie street KaAiThQZrGU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

4 Events to Attend in Davis This Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCD chapter.

The school year has just started, the leaves are beginning to change colors, and we are settling back into life in Davis. It can be easy to do the same things on the weekends that we’ve always done: starting off the day with homework and errands, and then relaxing in the evenings with our friends, or attending house parties and frat parties. Instead of falling into the same routine, push yourself to try something new, and bring a few friends along with you! Here are four new and fun things to try in Davis this fall:

1. Salsa & Country Nights

The Davis Graduate is a dive bar at the U-Mall, located right across the street from the Segundo Dorms. During the day you can enjoy some classic bar food while watching a sports game, but at night The Grad turns into a dancing hot spot. On Tuesdays and Thursdays at 9:30pm for $6 you can salsa dance for hours and even receive lessons from a seasoned salsa dancer. On Friday, Saturday, and Monday nights beginning at 9:30pm, they host Country night, where they have the dance floor open for those in their boots and cowboy hats to line dance. Prices may vary. If dancing isn’t your thing, but you love sports, The Grad is a great place to watch the big game!

2. 8th Annual Davis Jazz & Beat Festival 

Relax after a long school week by spending your Friday or Saturday at the Davis Jazz & Beat Festival. The festival will be at the John Natsoulas Gallery on 1st street on October 16 & 17 and will include a variety of fantastic live musical entertainment.

3. The Farmer’s Market

The Davis Farmer’s Market takes place on both Wednesday evenings and Saturday mornings in Central Park. You can buy fresh veggies and fruits from local vendors as well as enjoy treats such as homemade popsicles and delicious kettle corn. 

4. Home Football Games

A list of Davis events wouldn’t be complete without one to let you bask in a little school spirit. If you are free at 4pm on Saturday, October 10th, head over to Aggie Stadium to watch the Ags take on Northern Arizona University at our Homecoming Game. On November 14, the Aggies will be hosting one of our biggest rivals, Cal Poly San Luis Obispo, at 2pm. Students get in free with their ID card, and if you show up early you could get a free Aggie Pack T-shirt!

This is the UCD Contributor page from University of California, Davis!