What Happened Amanda?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Riverside chapter.

Former child star Amanda Bynes whose recent movie hits such as Hairspray, and Easy A has become the center of news headlines for her erratic behavior. Most of her odd behavior becomes apparent through her Twitter page where she is constantly confessing her love for Drake and most recently posted a picture of herself in a bra and lingerie featuring her new half-shaven head as well as a selfie in the gym (pictured below).

Her new do is not the only thing that has changed since her polished good girl days. In fact, early Sunday morning she took to her Twitter page once more and stated that she had a nose job done years ago and that “having surgery was the most amazing thing for [her] confidence”.

Long time fans and apparently her publicist is concerned for her well being. It has been reported that Bynes had told her publicist, Jonathan Jaxson, that she “did not want to live anymore” while she was “high on drugs”. Personally I am very close to my family so it only makes me wonder where Amanda’s parents are and why they haven’t taken any steps to try and get her some help. Although she does say there is nothing wrong with her, I hope she can surround herself with people that can help her be happy and healthy.

I am a big Amanda Bynes fan and have enjoyed her talents since her start on Nickoldeon’s All That and to this day She’s the Man stands at the top of my favorite movies list. Even though the characters she plays on screen is much different than the person she is in real life, I have plenty of sympathy for her and only hope she gets better. Even though the media has put her under much ridicule as of late, as a fan I really hope she can turn it around. After all, Mrs. Britney Spears was able to right? And today she is fiercer than ever. We are just going to have to wait and see and hope that this former starlet ends up on the right path.

Mia Garcia

UC Riverside

UC Riverside

UC Riverside