Her Campus UC Riverside is looking for NEW members!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Riverside chapter.

Want to get involved? Contact President Nicole Martinez (nicolemartinez@hercampus.com).

E-mail me with the following:

1. First Name, Last Name, School Year
  2. The position you’re interested in
  3. Your previous experience in that role
  4. Why you would be the perfect candidate for that position
  5. Why you’d like to be a part of HC! 

Everyone is allowed to apply! Good Luck!

*Each position may have additional requirements (please read them below).

Positions Available:

Editorial Team Member 

The Editorial Team member is part of the core writers of the magazine. These people might overlap within publicity, events, etc. 

*Editorial Team Members must provide writing samples (Include articles that are similar to content that is seen in HC) 

Publicity Director (Sophomore standing or higher)
The Publicity Director will be in charge of all things publicity-related. Are we having an event? Then you will be in charge of publicizing it. Do we need to re-think our social media strategy? Then you will be in charge of  this project. Want an article in the school newspaper? Then you will contact the Highlander to make it happen. The Publicity Director will organize and implementing events for the chapter.

*Please pitch three ideas for a possible HCUCR event, and three ways of publicizing the possible events

Publicity Team Member
The publicity team will work under the Publicity Director and serve as a sort of think tank for publicizing the chapter. The Publicity Team Member will meet separately from the editorial staff and brainstorm ways to publicize the chapter, help plan the events, assist in growing the brand, and so forth. 

*Please pitch two publicity ideas for HCUCR

Photographer(s)
Photographers will decide which pictures go up, when, and decide who is handling any events around campus.

Nicole Martinez

UC Riverside

Nicole is a senior at UC Riverside where she is majoring in Media and Culture studies. She co-founded the Her Campus UC Riverside chapter her sophomore year in college. She loves to spend her free time watching The Mindy Project, Girls, Pretty Little Liars, and other shows with leading ladies. She also dabbles on tumblr, instagram (obviwearetheladies), and twitter. Mindy Kailing and Shoshanna are her spirit animals and in the near future she hopes to achieve elite status on Yelp, pursue a career in Public Relations and ultimately conquer the world.