This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Riverside chapter.

Meet this month’s campus cutie, Arlene Angulo!  With her warm, bubbly demeanor and infectious smile, this girl is quite the social butterfly.  In high school this sweetheart spent her days competing for her school’s swim team and performing in the student drama club.  The Yucaipa native is currently enrolled as a CHASS student, majoring in Political Science and International Affairs.  When asked what she hopes to do after undergraduate schooling, Arlene immediately responded that she dreams of entering law school and becoming a lawyer.  Whereas most enter this profession merely for the big bucks, Arlene simply wishes to help those around her and defend the innocent (but let’s be honest, a few Benjamin Franklins here and there doesn’t hurt either)!  When it comes to music, this campus cutie prefers her Pandora playlist to include indie pop and beats by Vanessa Carlton, Colbie Caillat, and Katie Sky.  Although this gorgeous gal resides reasonably close to Riverside, she still misses her hometown. “I miss knowing everyone,” she admits.  Despite missing the intimacy of a small school environment, Arlene is grateful for the friends she has met here at UCR- “Everyone is so nice and it makes for a better community.”  Our last question for Miss Angulo was: If you were given three wishes, what would you wish for?  After much deliberation, this brown-eyed beauty concluded that she would wish for universal peace and a world without hunger.  Her last wish would be for “the ability to go shopping everyday without ever being in debt or going broke!”  Sounds like a marvelous wish to us!