Zot Thoughts: 5 Ways to Make a Stranger Feel Awkward on the Shuttle

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Irvine chapter.

1.     If you catch them looking at you, look back and don’t break eye contact.

2.     If there are two seats open, one alone and one next to a stranger, choose the one with the stranger.

3.     If someone bumps into you on accident and says sorry, reply with “are you?” then finish with a sly smile.

4.     If you’re sitting next to one of the poles and you see someone’s hand is on it relatively close to your head, lean your head on their hand and pretend you don’t realize it’s not actually the pole you’re leaning on.

5.     If you’re standing up on a packed shuttle and it suddenly brakes, grab onto someone’s shoulder, tell them “you’re very supportive,” and keep your hand there for the rest of the trip.

Priscilla is currently studying English and Literary Journalism with an Emphasis on Creative Writing. She has been writing for Her Campus since 2014 and is now one of the two leading editors of her chapter. Besides writing, she enjoys archery, learning Dutch, trying out new foods, and hiking. After graduating, she plans to publish a book series for young adults.
...