jakob owens SaO8RBYC0bs unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jakob owens SaO8RBYC0bs unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Your Guide to California Music Festivals 2017

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Irvine chapter.

Parallel to warmer weather and longer nights comes the best time of the year, festival season!To make your decision easier to choose which festival to go to, here is a list of some of the highest rated music festivals in California!  

1. Beyond Wonderland

This music festival takes places on March 24 to 25 in San Bernardino. If you like EDM, this is the event for you. The festival market itself is a place to wander down the rabbit hole where you will enjoy a night filled with color, entertainment and amazing music. With a killer lineup this year, be sure to check this music out and celebrate the start to your spring!

2. Coachella Music Festival

This famous music festival takes place in Indio, California on April 14 and April 23 for three days back to back! Celebrities and music lovers alike get together under the desert sky to enjoy the world’s best performers and artists. This year, some of the headliners include Radiohead, Kendrick Lamar, Travis Scott, Lorde, and none other than Queen B.

3. Stagecoach

This music festival takes place on April 28 to April 30 in Indio, California and is catered to all you country music lovers. This year, the headliners include Jerry Lee Lewis, Willie Nelso, and Travis Tritt! Make sure to wear your cowgirl boots or cowboy hats and buy your tickets soon because this festival sells out quickly!

4. California Roots

If Reggae music is more of your thing, than this festival is for you! Cali Roots takes place in Monterey, California between May 26 to May 28. It is a blend of good vibes, reggae beats, unity, peace, and family. It is almost impossible to show up to this camping festival and not have a great time! Some of the headliners this year include Rebolution, Soja, Dirtyheads, and Jurassic 5!

5. Lightning in a Bottle

Taking place in Bradley, California, Lightning in a bottle occurs over the course of six days on Memorial Day weekend! This one is by far my favorite music festival because of its transformational vibe. This is a camping music festival that includes yoga classes, workshops, amazing healthy food, and killer music. Some of the most anticipated artists for this year includes Bassnectar, Bonobo, Rufus Du Sol and Jhene Aiko. Make sure to check this festival out for a good time!

6. FYF Fest

This is a festival in Los Angeles, California between July 22 and 23.  Hip hop and bass fills the speakers at this music festival! Last year Kendrick Lamar, Tame Impala, LCD Soundsystem and Gace Jones exploded onto the stage and gave a performance of a life time!

7. Outside lands

Outside lands takes place in San Francisco between Aug. 11 to 13. Some awesome features this music festival offers is wine tasting, organic food vendors, and great music to please all attendees. The lineup includes top artists along with some underground break out stars. Another perk of attending this festival is being able to enjoy San Francisco too!

8. Snowglobe

This snowy festival takes place every year in South Lake Tahoe between Dec. 29 to 31. Although temperatures can reach close to zero degrees, don’t let that stop you from enjoying the music, food, and scenery! This top notch festival thrills EDM fans with an epic sound system.

Traveling, fashion, adventure!
Crystel Maalouf

UC Irvine '18

.