Spring Looks to Beautify Your Nails

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Irvine chapter.

Looking for a way to celebrate the beginning of spring quarter? Here are some lovely spring designs to revamp your nail beds.

Teal Nails with Spring Blossoms: Second-year Krystal Han’s floral nails are perfect for the new season. To create this design, coat your nails with a teal base and use a variety of pastel colors paired with a dotting tool to form flowers. Her gorgeous designs are inspired by images she finds on tumblr or pinterest. Her favorite nail polish brand is Essie because she loves all of their colors. Check out some of Krystal’s other designs on her tumblr: krystalgel.tumblr.com

Soft Floral Print Nails: To create this understated but pretty design, I used a lighter pastel palette. First paint your nails with a white base coat. Finish it off by using a thin paintbrush to loosely apply pink roses and green leaves. These subdued nails are both simple and cute.

Sunlit Sunflower Nails: If you prefer striking but cheerful nails, try this sunflower design. First create a black half-circle in the corners of your nails. Then take a thin brush to create the yellow petals. Use gold glitter to outline the black circles. Finally finish the look by adding white circles around the petals with a dotting tool.

Happy designing! 

Rebecca grew up in Hercules California (Norcal), but now lives in Orange County (Socal). She is a senior psychology and social behavior major and management minor at the University of California, Irvine. Rebecca is currently the Co-president/Correspondent at UC Irvine Her Campus Branch and served as the branch's  Social Media Director during the 2010-2011 school year. She traveled around the globe this summer to Paris, Munich, Zurich, Milan, Rome, Venice, Hong Kong, Guangzhou, and Honolulu after studying abroad in London. It was an AMAZING experience. At UC Irvine she is also a member of Kappa Alpha Theta.