This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Irvine chapter.

This weekend, my companion and I were able to visit the Los Angeles area. Through some simple research the night before, we were able to plan the perfect LA day (with little money spent!). Hopefully this post will give you some inspiration whether you are planning the perfect Valentine’s Day date or simply an adventurous time in the city.

The first place we visited was an adorable breakfast and brunch spot called Poppy+Rose. Although it can be difficult to find parking, the food is worth the trouble! Poppy+Rose is known for its fresh-squeezed orange juice, delicious coffee menu, and their fried chicken and waffle combo. If you do pay a visit, I recommend getting there before 11 am so you can beat the long line which can usually go out the door. The food is reasonably priced and the tables are decorated with masonry and flowers. Overall, we ranked the restaurant as a 10 out of 10 for the food and the atmosphere.

Poppy+Rose | 765 Wall St, Los Angeles, CA 90014 | (213) 995-7799 | www.poppyandrosela.com

To walk off the incoming food coma, I recommend paying a visit to the Miracle Mile, or Wilshire Street. This is only a fifteen-minute drive from Poppy+Rose. While we were here, we did not spend a single cent, and yet we were able to visit two different museums. I recommend starting off at The Los Angeles County Museum of Art (LACMA), then working your way towards the Peterson Automative Museum. Both of these museums have free and fun exhibits. Best of all, there is a plethora of little cafes and coffee shops to choose from along Wilshire Boulevard.

Next time you happen to pass through LA, don’t forget to check out all these sites. If you’re unfamiliar with the area, these couple of stops are the best ways to start off your adventure.

Petersen Automotive Museum | 6060 Wilshire Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90036 | (323) 930-2277 | www.petersen.org

Los Angeles County Museum of Art | 5905 Wilshire Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90036 | (323) 857-6000 | www.lacma.org