My Best Advice: Where to Find Unique Gifts Online

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Irvine chapter.

We’ve all scrolled through Amazon (maybe utilizing our student Amazon prime account) looking for that perfect gift. It’s convenient and it’s easy, with thousands of potential products at the click of our fingers. But have you ever tried these lesser known websites?

Etsy

Etsy is a hub for artists and crafters of all kinds to gather together to sell their handmade or vintage goods, the perfect place to pick up an original trinket for a Christmas gift! Another perk is that because Etsy connects you directly to the creator, you can often get personalization on your purchase to make that gift more uniquely your friend.

Redbubble

Artists of all kinds come to Redbubble to sell their art in ways that diverge from their usual medium, opening a new world to art and design. You can find a variety of art, from realistic to abstract, printed on mediums such as mugs, shirts, tote bags, stickers and phone cases, in addition to the usual wall art. Often, you are able to claim small discounts on your purchases.

ThinkGeek

Everyone has that geeky friend—unless you are that geeky friend. ThinkGeek has a variety of creatively geeky products ranging from Tardis mugs for the Whovian to WoW robes to make your friend look and feel like a Tier 5 Priest. Wrap it up with Minecraft wrapping paper to make your gift impenetrable without a pickaxe.