This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Irvine chapter.

Name: Amir Shirazi

Major: Film and Media Studies

Year: Sophomore

Relationship Status: Single

Hometown: San Ramon, CA

Campus Involvements: Pi Kappa Phi, Arabic Club, Soul Train

Favorite song(s) to sing in the shower: “I Heard Your Voice In A Dream” from Smash, “Losing You” by Solange, “Latch” by Disclosure

What do you like to do in your spare time? 

I like to go to the beach, see my family, and go to Disneyland.

How many times have you been to Disneyland? 

LMAO. Probably about 600+ times at this point. In the past year I’ve been 75 times.

If you could be any Disney character, who would you be and why?

I would be Aladdin because, what up, Middle Eastern heyyy. I’d also be Prince Phillip because I genuinely think he is the most badass Disney prince ever.

Describe your ideal date (I’m guessing, Disneyland?) 

Totally. We would probably go early and do a lot of the chill rides like in Fantasyland because you don’t want to start off potentially making [your date] vomit. Then, we’d go to the Carthay Circle Theater in California Adventure because the food there is stunning. Then, we would do more rides and end the day with World of Color.

What do you find most attractive in a girl? 

A sense of humor for sure, and someone who is highly educated. I live my life in a very casual “let it go” type of way, so if a girl is similar to that and doesn’t get pent up on things, that’s awesome and what I look for. (Also, I totally unintentionally added “let it go” into my answer). 

What is the biggest turnoff? 

When there is no other perspective to see on. Like when you have the type of personality to dislike/not appreciate something on the sheer fact that you don’t know much about itthat’s upsetting. I guess, ignorance would be the best way to put that. Ignorance is my biggest turnoff. 

Who would be your Woman Crush Wednesday on Instagram? 

For a while it was Jennifer Lawrence, but now I would say Lupita Nyong’o.

What has been your best experience in college so far? 

Honestly, it has been the actual act of going to classes and meeting people in these classes. If I never had the opportunity to create friendships with people, nothing else in college would have mattered. That definitely has been the best experience. 

What career do you want to pursue after graduation?

I’d like to pursue something in the entertainment industry, specifically directing. Obviously, you don’t just become Tarantino overnight, but I would pursue something in that industry that will help me propel my career forward.

What are your plans for the summer? 

I’m probably going to stay in Irvine and take summer classes. And, if all goes according to plan, I will have an internship in LA.

Do you have any words you live by?

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful what we pretend to be”Kurt Vonnegut. The other quote I really love is “Let the beauty we love be what we do”Rumi.

Kelsey Moncada attends the University of Califonia, Irvine, pursuing a Film & Media Studies major with a minor in Digital Arts. She is a Disney lover, major foodie, and Instagram addict. Follow her on Instagram- @kelseychristine
...