This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCD chapter.
Name: Matt Klingler
Grade: 3rd year
Major: Exercise Biology
Hometown: Granite Bay, CA
Relationship Status: Single

How do you spend your time?: I used to wrestle for Davis but the program got cut. I’m also in Athletes in Action. It’s a Christian fellowship on campus for athletes and non-athletes. I try to put my faith first in my life. I’m on the Worship Team so I play guitar. I also work at the ARC where I teach spin class, am a personal trainer, and teach TRX. TRX is resistance and suspension training.  I don’t really have a lot of free time, but when I do I hang out with a lot of my friends from Athletes in Action.

How long have you been playing guitar?: I’ve been playing guitar since junior year of high school. I started playing to impress a girl- it didn’t work. But I can play Tears in Heaven by Eric Clapton.

How did you get into personal training?: I went to junior college before coming to Davis last year. Back home, I had a small business with five or six clients at a fitness studio. I got clients through referrals. I started training a few family friends and then they referred me to their friends. After a while I had a constant inflow of clients. I decided to work for the ARC once wrestling got cut. I added spin and TRX because just being a personal trainer wasn’t filling all the hours I wanted to meet.

What are your plans after college?: After college I’m not really sure what I want to do. I’m thinking of taking a year off and doing an internship maybe. I’m also looking into physical therapy. UCSF would be my first choice. I’ll probably figure out what I want to do during my year off.

What are your summer plans?: I found out today I’m going on a mission trip to Haiti. I’m going for a week with a few friends. I’ve been on a mission trip before to Mexico. It’ll be a good experience. I’ll probably just relax during summer session 1 and then take a class during summer session 2.

If you could have one super power what would it be and why?: Right now I would want to  read minds. I have a crush on a girl so I’d want to know how she feels.

Most embarrassing moment: When I missed my alarm for my first ever spin class that I was teaching…I thought I was going to get fired for sure, but I didn’t!

Who do you look up to and why?: Jesus Christ because he died for me

If you could switch lives with anyone for one day, who would you choose and why?: Dr. Shaffrath, my favorite EXB Professor, because he’s crazy awesome and I would like to know what thoughts go through his head to make him say the stuff he says.

A QUICKIE (survey) with the Campus Cutie

Favorite Cartoon Character: Doug

Blonde or Brunette?: Brunette

Favorite Feature in a girl: A woman of God

Favorite Movie: Zoolander and Role Models

Sports car or SUV: Sports car

Three pet peeves: When people are late, people who don’t work hard, and when people don’t do what they promise.

I love it when:  I get to hang out with my friends

Britney or Christina: Christina

Favorite Animal: Puppy

Favorite spot on Campus: The Arboretum

And most importantly, Boxers or Briefs?: Briefs

Rachael Brandt is your typical collegiette. Her free time, you'll find her roaming the CoHo, nourishing her hourly caffeine fix or rocking out at the campus rec center in Zumba class. Rachael has interned at Acosta/Salazar PR firm in Sacramento, CA --working with politicians and interest groups to aide their campaigns. She now spends her days working at the Events and Conferencing Center, in hopes of saving up for the many goodies she hopes to acquire while studying abroad next year. After cultivating an obsession for Her Campus, she opened the UC Davis branch, and now serves as campus correspondant.