Summer Sings 2017

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Berkeley chapter.

With most of our midterms out of the way, the last month of school is always the greatest grind. But if given any free weekend, grab it by the reigns; take the time to go see any of these incredible artists and take advantage of the fact that Berkeley and SF are prime locations for the best artists to perform.

Here are a couple that may catch your interest:

The XX (April 15th, Bill Graham Civic Auditorium, SF)

Their new album “I See You” makes me speechless. Different vibes from their last two but the quality is just as amazing. For a taste, listen to On Hold. 

Radiohead (April 17th, Greek Theater, Berkeley)

I’m not too well-versed on Radiohead but it’s a classic band that most people love. The plus side is that the Greek Theater is only a few minutes away!

Bastille (April 23rd, Greek Theater, Berkeley)

New album: “Wild World”. If you’ve been tuned on any radio, you’re bound to hear Good Grief! Very catchy music and Bastille also happens to be known to be great performers.

The Weeknd (April 28th, SAP Center, San Jose)

As a San Jose native, I have to say the SAP venue is crazy cool. Let’s be real, we know that Bruno had the top album of the year but “ Starboy” came in second. They  should’ve been tied. Given you want to know if the one hour trip down south is worth it, it is. Watch the last two Victoria’s Secret Fashion Shows where The Weeknd performs. He’s worth it.

Bruno Mars (July 20th, SAP Center, San Jose)

Greatest album? It’s up for debate but we all know he blew it out of the water. That’s what I like. 

Melody A. Chang

UC Berkeley '19

As a senior undergraduate, I seek out all opportunities that expand my horizons, with the aim of developing professionally and deepening my vision of how I can positively impact the world around me. While most of my career aims revolve around healthcare and medicine, I enjoy producing content that is informative, engaging, and motivating.  In the past few years, I have immersed myself in the health field through working at a private surgical clinic, refining my skills as a research assistant in both wet-lab and clinical settings, shadowing surgeons in a hospital abroad, serving different communities with health-oriented nonprofits, and currently, exploring the pharmaceutical industry through an internship in clinical operations.  Career goals aside, I place my whole mind and soul in everything that I pursue whether that be interacting with patients in hospice, consistently improving in fitness PR’s, tutoring children in piano, or engaging my creativity through the arts. Given all the individuals that I have yet to learn from and all the opportunities that I have yet to encounter in this journey, I recognize that I have much room and capacity for growth. Her Campus is a platform that challenges me to consistently engage with my community and to simultaneously cultivate self-expression.