“Love & Misadventure” at UC Berkeley

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Berkeley chapter.

Earlier this month we were lucky enough to receive a very unique gift from Andrews McMeel Publishing, LLC to celebrate the beautiful holiday that is Valentine’s Day. We received the amazing poetry book Love & Misadventure by the talented author,  Lang Leav. 

To give you a quick overview of the book, Leav cleverly writes about every stage of love. From finding true love to losing it in a flash. During these past weeks we have asked many students around campus to browse the book and find the poem they mostly liked and/or identified with. Check it out!

“My favorite poem has to be “Souls”. It really touched me and made me think of the relationship I have with my boyfriend.  Leav’s words are so simple and powerful, that they really touch you as a person.”  –Jasmin Ramos 

“I can identify with this poem a lot, because I am currently in a relationship that really is driving me crazy but, in a good way.” -Amanda Key                                                                                                                                                        

“Afraid to Love” is such a beautiful and truthful poem….the feeling of love can either be beautiful or very hurtful…I have experienced both types of love and yes I agree with the author that once you experience a beautiful love, once its broken its hard to love again.  Anonymous

“My personal favorite poem is “Xs and Os” because I also think of love as a game, because you never know when that love will appear. 
                                                                                                                                                                          –Lindsey Crawford

Hi my name is Monica Morales and I am a sophomore at UC Berkeley. I am majoring in Media Studies and hope to one day work in television or for Vogue magazine. I love to travel and I love sports. I am currently a student ambassador for both Bobble water bottles and for sports app Fancred.