Christian Grey a Modern Bruce Wayne

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Berkeley chapter.

The film Fifty Shades of Grey has taken over the country in the last couple of days. Its main character, Christian Grey is for some women the perfect man. He is rich, beautiful and protective but what many haven’t notice he is very similar to another dark character that many have loved for years, Bruce Wayne. Both Wayne and Grey besides being very attractive share other interesting traits…take a look!

1. Billionaires

Bruce Wayne is CEO of his own company, Wayne Enterprise. 

Like Wayne, Christian Grey is also CEO of his own company, Grey House.

2. Sports Cars

In Batman: The Dark Knight, Wayne drives a Lamborghini Murcielago LP640

While, Grey drives an Audi R8

3. Dark Childhood

As a child, Wayne dealt with the horror of seeing his parents killed right in front of him. After this horrid crime, his butler Alfred was in charge of raising him. 

Similar to Wayne, Grey’s childhood was marked by very dark moments. His biological mother was a prostitute addicted to drugs who committed suicide. Her pimp physically abused Christian by putting out his cigarettes on his chest. 

4. Suits

Mr. Wayne prefers two-button notch collar suits designed by Giorgio Armani.

Mr. Grey on the other hand prefers one-button collar suits in all gray with of coarse his famous gray ties. 

5. Secrets

Bruce Wayne is secretly everyone’s favorite public hero: Batman! 

Christian Grey’s secret isn’t as public, hidden in his playroom is his BDSM lifestyle. 

EXTRA: Grey vs. Wayne….

Hi my name is Monica Morales and I am a sophomore at UC Berkeley. I am majoring in Media Studies and hope to one day work in television or for Vogue magazine. I love to travel and I love sports. I am currently a student ambassador for both Bobble water bottles and for sports app Fancred.