Campus Cuite: Amanda Phillips

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Berkeley chapter.

Name: Amanda Phillips

Hometown: Sacramento, CA

Major: English/Social Welfare

Year: Senior

Relationship Status: Single

Quick! What are the first three words you think of when I ask you to describe yourself?

Happy, open, clumsy (openly clumsy).

What’s your favorite thing to do in Berkeley?

Making the rounds at space-related places: Jupiter’s, Venus, Saturn Cafe.

What’s something not many people know about you?

I cut my own hair and as I’m clumsy, it’s sometimes really awful.

If you could choose a place to teleport to right now, where would it be?

A villa in Tuscany. I’m sorry in advance to whoever lives there.

Who’s your celebrity crush?

Alfie Allen. He plays Theon Greyjoy in The Game of Thrones. He has what I like to call “French pirate facial hair”.

Name something you can’t live without.

A pet of any kind, even a house-plant will do.

What’s your biggest pet-peeve?

I hate it when a fitted sheet comes off at the corner of the bed.

When was your proudest moment?

In first grade I taught my younger brother everything I’d learned in kindergarten. Halfway through his year in kindergarten, he was bumped up into the first grade with me. It was terrible (we were the kind of siblings who fought) but I was proud, especially of him.

What’s something you’d like to accomplish?/ Name a short term goal and long term goal.

My short term goal is to stop cutting my own hair for at least 6 months. My long term, less vain, and more worth goal is to finish a novel.

Describe your perfect match.

My perfect match is Alfie Allen, but if he’s unavailable, I’d be into someone who as an affinity for dogs or houseplants; thinks the perfect Friday night revolves around homemade pizza and board games; has a knack for cutting hair; and thinks spending all day in the sun by Lake Merritt with copious amounts of coffee and conversation is a day well-spent

Gabriella Cohen-Herrera is an undergraduate Junior at UC Berkeley majoring in Sociology and minoring in English and Disability Studies. She is passionate about being an advocate for marginalized groups through her writings and by ultimately becoming a Disability Rights and Medical Malpractice attorney. In her spare time, she enjoys singing, playing soccer, trying new foods, and learning about various cultures. 
Hi my name is Monica Morales and I am a sophomore at UC Berkeley. I am majoring in Media Studies and hope to one day work in television or for Vogue magazine. I love to travel and I love sports. I am currently a student ambassador for both Bobble water bottles and for sports app Fancred.