This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UBC chapter.

Just to clarify I did not exactly talk with him but I did see him in real life. KJ Apa plays Archie Andrews in the acclaimed TV series Riverdale. Riverdale has become increasingly popular and they are currently filming their second season in Vancouver. 

My adventure began on a Friday. I usually have three classes on Friday’s, however, this Friday I had to go to get some tests done at a hospital. I woke up and scrolled down my Twitter when I realized that Riverdale had notified people in my neighborhood that they would be filming that day. Shout out to @Whatsfilming for informing me about the location. I usually wake up at 7 am, but that day I woke up until 9.30 am. I showered, barely straightened my hair, and put some concealer on my face. For a second I thought, shouldn’t I try and at least look decent in case I see any major actor? “Nah” I replied to myself, thinking the possibility of actually finding the location was impossible. I put on the worst outfit ever and hopped on a bus. 

I managed to miss the stop, so I had to walk some blocks back to get to 4th and Alma. It was the first time I saw a filming set. The lights were on, a tent was set up, and security was on every corner. It was a cold and rainy day, but luckily I brought my umbrella. Once I got there, I saw Archie Andrews in action wearing his signature jacket. I could barely see him though, as the camera people would constantly ask me and the paparazzi to move. No fans were there, and people in the neighborhood would just walk by as if nothing was going on. I met random people and by the end of the day I was with a small group of people that were as excited as I was.

I waited 3 hours in the rain. KJ Apa would constantly turn around and look at our small group, however, we were always respectful. It took a long time to film one scene. At the end, I ran to the direction he was walking in. When I got to the front of the line, he grabbed my iPhone, and he took a selfie of us together. It felt like a dream come true

After several other photos with fans, he left. Girls were left crying, and others in shock. We ended up in a Blenz Coffee reflecting on what just happened.  I am glad I took the initiative to take a bus and enjoy Vancouver’s filming sets. It was a great experience and up to this day, I still don’t regret skipping classes for this!

Now, I just have to wait for the scene I watched being filmed to play on TV! 

Andrea is a third-year student at UBC majoring in Human Resources and Business Technology Management. Andrea loves running, hikes, romantic comedies and exploring new places. She is looking forward to sharing so many ideas, thoughts, and opinions on the Her Campus platform.