Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

President Adrian Jones Dishes on his Campaign, the Ladies, and How to Dress for Success

Name: Adrian Jones
Year: Junior
Major: Pre-med; Physics
Age: 21
Hometown: Marion, AL
Activities: USGA President, Iota Nu Chapter of Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc., member of the Campus Planning Committee, former Senator for the College of Arts & Sciences.

Meet your USGA President for the 2012 school year, collegiates. He’s intelligent, has humility, knows that chivalry hasn’t died out, and he’s single. What more could you want in a guy and representative for the UAB student body?
“I’m a very approachable person. I want people to feel comfortable coming up to me. I’m versatile in an adaptable way.”
-Jones

HC: Congratulations on your new position as UAB’s USGA President! Are you excited, or what?
AJ: Thank you! I’m very excited. I’m excited to create a link between the student body and administrators. I’m excited to meet students that I wouldn’t normally get the chance to meet. Yes, I’m excited.

HC: Trust us, this is a laid-back interview. I’m going to ask you questions like, “Are you single? How do you stay focused with your beautiful Vice President, Katie Crawford?” So, are you single?
AJ: *Laughs.* Eh...well, I guess it’s safe to say that I’m single.

HC: How do you feel about your VP, Katie Crawford?
AJ: I’m very excited to work to work with her. She won the election while she was in Spain, and we’ve already talked about some plans that I want to implement. We have a very professional relationship.

HC: What’s the appropriate attire for “Presidential Swag?”
AJ: I like to wear bold, sold-colored suits whenever I have a meeting of importance. When I’m going to class, I typically wear khakis and a nice Polo button-down with Sperry’s. Polos are my favorite, and I’m very open to gifts. HC: We believe that a tie can make or break a gentleman’s outfit.

HC: Tell us your favorite styles.
AJ: I like to incorporate professionalism and school spirit. Black and gold ties or green and white ties look nice, and I also like Paisley print. I like a full windsor knot, and I also wear bow-ties.

HC: The real question is, can you tie your own bow-tie?
AJ: I’m new to it, but yes!

HC: Any advice to guys pertaining to gentlemanly attire and etiquette?
AJ: If you put something on and don’t feel comfortable, you probably shouldn’t wear it. In other words, don’t scream for attention. A gentleman should always practice basic etiquette such as holding doors open, pulling out chairs for ladies, and taking their hats off at appropriate times.

HC: Any dating advice?
AJ: A guy should treat every female like he treats his mom and family members. Try to treat every female with the same respect. Be well-groomed, and have humility. If you have humility, a lot of people can respect that.

HC: One last thing that the ladies want to know. What attracts you to a female?
AJ: I like a girl who is intelligent, goal-oriented, driven, has a sense of humor, and doesn’t just settle for being the first lady. I want someone who wants to be the president. Equality is key; it is important to be able to speak on each other’s behalf.

You Might Also Like...
Fill out my online form.