Peanut Butter Jelly Time!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UAB chapter.

So it’s no secret that I’m obsessed with Dreamcakes. However, it can be a little impractical on my college budget paying $4 a cupcake, especially when I have a Starbuck’s latte habit that’s hard to break. But, I digress. On a particularly sunny day, I was feeling like replicating my favorite Dreamcake’s cupcake, The Lunch Lady. It’s a vanilla cupcake with jelly inside and a peanut butter frosting. There’s nothing like PB&J to help bring you back to your snack-trading days in the cafeteria. I found this recipe on Food Network that helped me make these babies. Please pardon my terrible frosting, I know it looks yucky, but I can assure you, they were delish.

Jaime is a junior at the University of Alabama at Birmingham. There she is the captain of her varsity golf team and a journalism and English double-major. She is an active member in the Student Athletic Advisory Committee where she helps organize volunteer opportunities and social functions for student-athletes at UAB. Jaime enjoys cooking, entertaining friends, reading/writing blogs, fashion, and of course, golf. She aspires to eventually write for a major magazine or write chick-lit books.