Meet Daniel Englert!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UAB chapter.

Name Daniel Englert 

Majors/minors: Biology/Chemistry 

Year: Junior 

Hometown: Huntsville 

Why did you choose to be pre-med?

My father is a physician and I have always been best suited to the sciences. At this point I can’t really imagine being happy doing anything else. It has been my goal for as long as I can remember.

What kind of doctor to you want to be?

At this point I am looking into reconstructive plastic surgery. I have done research with several local surgeons who have had the opportunity to exponentially improve their patients quality of life. 

Why are doctors way sexier than any other profession?

(Laughs) I feel that their are plenty of women that don’t feel that way, but I think that the prestige associated with becoming a physician is just ingrained in our culture. I also think that we can all relate to and admire physicians as we have all had a family member or friend who would not be with us today if it were not for great doctors. 

What do you do for fun? What are your hobbies and interests?

I am part of a fraternity, Pi Kappa Phi, and most of my free time is spent with my brothers. I also have been working on medical illustrations for a physician so a lot of the time spent not studying is used for drawing. 

What kind of girl are you looking for? Does she have to be pre-med too?

I don’t really feel that I have a type, but I like a girl with purpose who I think will be able to relate to the level of commitment I have to school right now. She absolutely does not have to be pre-med, but the idea is appealing in some ways. 

What’s your biggest turn on?

Independent women 

What’s your biggest turn off?

Spoiled girls 

Jaime is a junior at the University of Alabama at Birmingham. There she is the captain of her varsity golf team and a journalism and English double-major. She is an active member in the Student Athletic Advisory Committee where she helps organize volunteer opportunities and social functions for student-athletes at UAB. Jaime enjoys cooking, entertaining friends, reading/writing blogs, fashion, and of course, golf. She aspires to eventually write for a major magazine or write chick-lit books.