5 Most Annoying Things We Hear While Home on Thanksgiving Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UAB chapter.

One of our most favorite times of the year is here… THANKSGIVING! Thanksgiving break is like coming up for a breath of fresh air. The three weeks before the break are usually weeks from hell because your professors pile on loads of work like maniacs. Luckily the month of Hell is over and it’s time for a much-deserved break. Unfortunately, going home for the holidays and being around nosey family members means the most annoying, repetitive questions are going to be constantly asked. Here are the Top 5 Most Annoying Things We Hear While Home for Thanksgiving Break, or any holiday for that matter.

1. How’s college going?

Um, just as good as you would expect. I mean we’re a few weeks out from finals, my grades are near the edge, and I have at least 3 mental breakdowns per week. So yeah, college is going great.

2. All A’s this semester?

Yeah, I’ll continue to let you think that.

3. What’s your major?

Um, you know, that thing that I’ve been studying for the last FOUR YEARS.

4. You’ve put on some weight, haven’t you?

Yeah, I guess I have between all the papers, final projects, working full-time and trying to keep my sanity!!!

5. When are you going to get a boyfriend?

When you start minding your own business, but I guess that won’t be anytime soon.

We all have those annoying family members who ask the dreaded 5 questions whenever they get the chance and there’s really no way of getting out of it. 

The University of Alabama at Birmingham Alumnae | Her Campus Chapter Advisor?
HCUAB