Food for Thought: Best Delivery Foods

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Wyoming chapter.

Parents would like to imagine us all getting three meals a day, but that’s far from the truth. With busy schedules filled with homework, group projects, work and meetings it’s surprising we can actually find the time to eat, especially during these last few weeks of school. Although I’m stressing out one thing I can always look forward to is food. When I’m in a pinch, delivery food is there for the rescue. So when your stomach rumbles to remind you to eat, these are the places to call.  

Domino’s

When movies would show college students eating pizza all the time I thought they were over exaggerating. I’m sad to say it, but they weren’t. Pizza places are a delivery staple, but there are a few reasons Domino’s has made my list. They don’t laugh at me when I ask for 4 garlic butters. I can’t just eat my crust without a dipping sauce, and I just want to be sure I don’t run out. They also have some of the best deals and are open super late on the weekend. Friends coming over for a movie night, study session, or you just had a long day? Pizza is the answer.

Jimmy Johns

I have found that Jimmy John’s has lived up to their motto, they are ridiculously fast. They will also find you wherever you are, and not in a creepy way. If I’m in the classroom building, they will deliver it to me right at the front doors. It’s my go to if I need a quick lunch. I’m also obsessed with their bread. It’s crunchy on the outside, fluffy on the inside. How can you go back to Subway after you’ve tasted Jimmy John’s bread?

Thai Spice

Now Thai Spice may not be the first place you think of when you think delivery food, but it is a Laramie gem. I had been eating at Thai Spice for most of the summer when I discovered they delivered. This was life changing news. I could now treat myself to their delicious Pad Thai from the comfort of my own home. If you’re feeling adventurous I also recommend trying their signature Thai tea. The drink has a weird orangish color to it, but it has an interesting tangy flavor. This is high class delivery food and should be saved for special occasions, such as when you’ve survived dead week.

Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4,

Sara is a junior double majoring in Journalism and Enviromental and Natural Resources. She was born in Northern Kentucky but has lived in Laramie for 10 years now. She has a communications internship with the Wyoming EPSCoR program and writes for their blog. She also works as a lifegaurd and swim instructor at the local recreation center. To balance out her busy life Sara loves to read, do yoga, and plan her adventures abroad. She enjoys the small things that make life wonderful including rain, green grass, and coffee. One day she hopes to live in Seattle, write for an environmental publication, and travel the world to cover her stories.
Kaitlyn is a recent grad the University of Wyoming, where she got her degree in Marketing. She has been the Campus Correspondent for a Pink level chapter, a Chapter Advisor to some amazing chapters, and now has the pleasure of being a Region Leader. Born and raised on the Western Slope of Colorado, her love for nature and the outdoors comes naturally. Kaitlyn lives for football season, but finds way to stay preoccupied during the off-season. She enjoys long walks in the mountains, beer as cold as her heart, and bacon on her burgers. You can follow Kaitlyn’s adventures on Instagram, @kaysoup.