20 Thoughts You Have in the Library

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Vic chapter.
With the cold and rain coming to Victoria, students are spending more and more time inside the campus library. Here are 20 things the HC UVic writers think when they’re there.

1.“Wow… I don’t come in here often enough.”

2. “I know it says “No Drinks”, but that can’t include coffee- it’s an essential.”

3. “Maybe while I’m in line to buy something at Biblio a seat will open up.”

4. “Oh God I have to sneeze and it’s going to be so loud.”

5. “Okay eat as fast as you can so you don’t get caught.”

6. “Oh God someone saw me.”

7. “Literally how are you supposed to find a specific book in here.”

8. “I wonder if anyone can see me scrolling through Instagram.”

9. “To the person watching Netflix in the corner- I see you.”

10. “I wonder if I’m typing too loudly.”

11. “I need to get a pen out of my bag but the zipper will be so loud.”

12. “How likely is it that someone will take my stuff if I leave to go to the bathroom?”

13. “Can’t they turn up the heat?”

14. “Now can’t they turn down the heat?!”

15. *Walks up the stairs to the quiet levels* “Don’t let them know you’re out of breath.”

16. “Do you have friends coming soon or do you just need an entire 6 person table to yourself?”

17. *On the second floor* “I know this is the “loud” floor but can you actually be THAT loud?”

18. “Am I doing something wrong? Is that guy glaring at me or reading a book?”

19. “Please please please don’t let my stomach growl.”

20. “Should I just leave and work from home? What if it’s loud there? But what if I stay and get hungry?

What do you think when you go in the library? Let us know!

Ellen is a fourth year student at the University of Victoria, completing a major in Writing and a minor in Professional Writing: Editing and Publishing. She is currently a Campus Correspondent for the UVic chapter, and spends most of her free time playing Wii Sports and going out for breakfast. She hopes to continue her career in magazine editing after graduation, and finally travel somewhere farther than Disneyworld. You can follow her adventures @ellen.harrison
Femi Tunde-Oladepo is in her final year at the University of Victoria where she is studying at the Peter B. Gustavson School of Business. After her undergrad, Femi hopes to read law and master French, Spanish and Italian. She is an active volunteer in her community and enjoys working with the Rotaract Club on campus. Having filled numerous notebooks as a child, Femi adores writing — especially short stories. She likes to dance (spontaneously), listen to all genres of music, laugh loudly and be the sassiest person in a room. In her spare time, Femi likes to window shop online, go for runs and reorganize spaces. One day, Femi hopes to perfect the art of soft pretzels. Follow her on Instagram @femzieb to see her attempts at being artsy and pensive.