4 Ultimate Getaway Locations: Officially Bidding Farewell To Winter

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Toronto chapter.

Is summer here yet? For many, answering this question inevitably involves both disappointment and impatience. Although there is a little while left until summer officially graces us with its presence, there’s no need to despair! For those of you that are now only motivated by your plans for an amazing summer retreat there is a way to make your dream vacation even more memorable. How? By choosing the perfect destination! As for those who may not be planning a trip outside of our beloved Canada this year, there is always time to plan for next season or another time in the future. Even simply gazing upon these remarkable locales from afar is enough to momentarily escape the winter and study blues. So just sit back and enjoy either imagining, or the thought of soon experiencing, these breathtaking sites!

Florence, Italy

Photo credit

Perhaps one of the most beautiful cities within the dazzling nation of Italy, Florence has captured the hearts of tourists across the globe for generations. Its historic architecture, artistic national treasures, and countless museums offer visitors the incredible chance to observe its rich culture. Aside from the magnificent galleries, monuments and piazzas there are available to explore, the scenery offered by this city is beyond compare. Filled with gorgeous gardens and parks, it’s nearly impossible not to be enchanted by the classical design of its famous streets, and the stunning statues and sculptures within them. If all this wasn’t enough, Florence is also ranked as one of the fashion capitals of the world and is well known for its pleasantly mild weather. Lovers of food have reason to delight too! Delicious Florentine cuisine includes such delectable foods as Tiramisu, herb breads, and world acclaimed cheeses that are sure to make even the pickiest eater’s mouth water. I’m definitely tempted to catch a flight to Florence right now, aren’t you?

Punta Cana, Dominican Republic

Photo credit

Covered in beaches, palm trees and luxurious resorts, it’s no wonder Punta Cana has become one of the Dominican’s most popular tourist hotspots. With so many leisurely activities to explore, including boat trips, scuba diving, dance lessons, golf courses, snorkeling, and spa treatments, it is nearly impossible for anyone to find themselves bored in this popular site. Punta Cana is a tropical paradise complete with a spectacular coral reef, a diversity of uncommon species of animals, birds, fish and even plant life. Just a few days spent in Punta Cana’s resorts are enough to give you the glow that comes with a soothing holiday getaway!

Sydney, Australia

Photo credit

An iconic city recognized throughout the world for its ability to allure a diversity of travelers, Sydney is undoubtedly a favourite destination of experienced tourists worldwide, especially for its impressive natural environment. Sydney’s several national parks and zoos are dedicated to providing vacationers with the opportunity to discover its unique wildlife. Its extraordinary landscape makes it ideal for scenic walks where hikers can discover its abundant rainforests, wetlands, woodlands, harbour fronts and even camp within these sites if they so choose! As many of us already know, Sydney is also a sandy haven, famous for its relaxing beaches and fantastic surfing. One thing is certain: you’ll definitely get your money’s worth for a stay in this spectacular city!

Dubai, United Arab Emirates

Photo credit

A city unlike any other, Dubai has become internationally recognized for its modern style and extravagance. Tourism is a thriving enterprise within this metropolis, and there’s little wonder why. Its contemporary massive skyscrapers, combined with its traditional buildings allow Dubai to appeal to those interested in a historical experience as well as those who enjoy more current architecture. Dubai’s wide selection of entertaining pastimes are anything but ordinary, from sand skiing, to adventure safaris, to festivals and more, even a few days in this city is an exhilarating adventure. Lavish malls, hotels, water parks, and islands are just a few of the attractions Dubai has to offer that are sure to appeal to even the most experienced travelers who think they’ve practically seen everything worth seeing on this Earth!

With so much beauty just waiting to be experienced throughout the world, it’s hard not to be optimistic when thinking of travelling at any point in life. It may seem as if these dream vacations are only hopeful fantasies, but we all have the power to make the thought of a refreshing, memorable escape from reality come true!

Photo Credits: 
Florence: http://kecuk.com/2011/06/15/10-cities-with-most-beautiful-design-in-the-world.html
Punta Cana: http://coolcanucks.ca/tag/punta-cana/
Sydney: http://bookitnow.com/budget-tour-of-sydney-australia
Dubai: http://www.tripadvisor.com/Tourism-g295424-Dubai-Vacations.html

Natalie has recently completed her second year at the University of Toronto with a double major in History and Ethics, Society, and Law. She is excited to bring Her Campus to U of T and seeing it expand its presence in Canada. She is also active in the school's Model United Nations circles and numerous organizations off campus and is best described as a political and pop culture junkie. Born and raised in Toronto, she is blindingly proud of everything the city has to offer including the best school in the country, no matter what Macleans says, and its sports teams, no matter how many times they may lose or miss the playoffs.