Mixer Themes You Didn’t Know Existed

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Penn chapter.

With all the Valentine’s Day “feels” still lingering in the back of our minds, every girl wishes she had that special someone to celebrate with (give her chocolate). And what better place to meet prince charming than the beer-smelling, claustrophobic confines of a frat house? Ok, kidding, obviously. Frat mixers are definitely not the ideal place to meet the man of your dreams who will make you his valentine. Not to mention the theme usually requires you to dress up as something that, to be put lightly, Grandma probably wouldn’t approve of. But some mixer themes are just absurd and creative enough to convince you to go all out on your costume and have a great time with your friends. 

1.     Robocops and dinosaurs the land before crime

This one basically makes zero sense but who could resist this amazing combination of reptiles and crime fighters DFmo-ing on the dance floor?

2.     Thots and tots

The girls dress up as “thots” (see Urban Dictionary definition) and serve tots. Ok, albeit thots is just another, equally offensive, word that should not be used when referring to a group of women…but did I mention this party involves tator tots….

3. Issued gear beer party

Don your athletic gear and chug some bear. Not an athlete? Now you are- consider yourself in training for the beer Olympics.

4. Kegs and Eggs

Party so hard you’re still there in time for eggs the next morning. If you don’t think breakfast food is the best kind of food, you’re lying.

5. Lobsters and mobsters

Not really sure what crustaceans and criminals have in common but as long as someone shows up in a giant lobster costume, count me in.

6. Jammies and Jello

Who could say no to enjoying jello shots while wearing your favorite PJS? You don’t even need to get dressed for this one so you have no excuse to not be in attendance. 

7. Paint your date

Wear gross clothes and get ready to get messy. What’s more entertaining than a full-on paint fight?

8. Librarians and barbarians

The girls are the librarians, obviously.

9. Plastered in plaid

Because what goes better with plaid than more plaid?

10. Joggers and Loggers

Because runners and lumberjacks are obviously a match made in heaven.