Elly Morientes, ‘15

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Penn chapter.

This week’s Campus Cutie has a charming accent and a cosmopolitan spirit. Elly Morientes is always doing something fascinating—she spent her summer learning Persian and Spanish; her winter break backpacking through Europe. Her incredible fashion sense will catch your eye on Locust Walk, so keep a look out for a pair of sparkling purple shoes that shine almost as brightly as her personality does. 

School & Year: Wharton 2015
Major: Actuarial Science and Finance, minor in Modern Middle Eastern Studies
Extracurriculars: DSP Business Fraternity, Undergraduate Sports Business Club, WQHS, Penn Amnesty International  
Hometown: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Languages: English, Malay, Persian and Spanish
Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Relationship status: Single
Celebrity Crush: Mats Hummels, a German soccer player

What do you look for in a guy? Someone who can accept me for who I am. He has to have confidence, be open to new experiences, have great fashion sense and also be interested in soccer.
What do you find most appealing about guys at Penn? They have a wide range of interests, and you can tell some of them put in the effort to dress well and look presentable.
Perfect date idea: A soccer game followed by a walk on the beach of Malaga. Something low-key, you know…
Do you believe in soulmates? No, I believe that you can make connections with many people.
If you were trapped on a desert island, what three things would you bring and why? A book called Birds Without Wings (I could read it over and over again), a nice, flowy white beach dress so I could look good on my last days and a scrapbook of memorable events in my life (I LOVE MY FRIENDS!)
Penn bucket list: Do a rendition of Beyoncé’s “Love on Top” in Fisher Fine Arts Library
Most listened-to songs on your iPod: “Caramelo” by Pablo Alboran and “Misread” by Kings of Convenience
Words to live by: “You were born with wings, why prefer to crawl through life?” – Rumi 

Former editor-in-chief of Her Campus UPenn