Best hidden gem studying spots on campus

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Penn chapter.

No free seats in Van Pelt? Every GSR in Huntsman booked and no free desks in the forum? Fisher packed to the brim? Here are some underrated study spots for your finals needs:

1.     6th floor VP

a.     there are usually free spots at the couches up there if you don’t need a desk.. not to mention the great views and natural lighting which sure beat the gloomy environment of the basement

2.     Open classrooms in Hunts:

a.     There are usually classrooms open for studying in huntsman. You’re not limited to the 90 minute reservation time of GSRs here and there’s plenty of desk space to spread out all of your books

3.     High rise roof tops:

a.     Another scenic area to study, the high rise study lounges usually aren’t too crowded and if you’re lucky you can snag a table. If you have a lot of reading to do, the couches are a great and comfy space to get your work done. Just pack a sweatshirt because they are heavily air conditioned.

4.     Tables in Houston Hall

a.     This area is a great study spot, especially if you plan on quickly grabbing a meal and going there to study. There’s plenty of activity though so if you need absolute peace and quiet it may not be the best place

5.     Upstairs at the Penn bookstore

a.     The tables at the bookstore are a great place to study. Prime access to snacks / Starbucks at Barnes and Noble cafe, often not too crowded, I highly recommend it

6.     Fagin Hall

a.     Usually only the nurses go there to study but it’s a great place to study if you want to get away from the chaos of the main libraries

7.     Coffee places downtown

a.     Getting off campus is a great idea during finals season. Many coffee shops in Rittenhouse: Saxbys, La Colombe, and Blue Lane Café are always a great escape.