This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Ottawa chapter.

I’ll be honest, this newest season of the Bachelor is like my Super Bowl. My friends and I have a fantasy draft going and we watch it all at the same time while texting each other throughout the show. My parents think it’s a little obsessive, for example, why do I feel the need to restart the entire show if I’ve only missed two minutes? Why do I rewind if I didn’t quite understand what a contestant said whilst bawling their eyes out?

Is it because I personally wish that I could receive the final rose from Ben Higgins?

Maybe…

Here are a couple of reasons of why you should consider applying to be a part of the Bachelornation. 

1) True Love!

Yes, Claire. They are.

Definitely the number one reason why you should risk it all and entrust Chris Harrison to guide you on this life changing journey. This process can actually work! You could argue that there are only a small percentage of couples who actually do make it past the televised marriage ceremony (if that far) work out, however these couples do have an amazing story to tell their kids.

My personal favourite: Jason Mesnick and Molly Malaney from Season 13. Although Jason had originally proposed to Melissa Rycroft, he chose to end their engagement on the “After the Final Rose” television special and asked out (his now wife) Molly. And guess what? They’re still going strong.

2) Gain Lifelong Friends

Sometimes it’s hard to find things in common with large groups of women. However admitting that you’re all trying to marry the same guy can offer quite the bonding experience and proves that you all have something in common.

Let’s be honest, you get to hang out more with them than the bachelor anyways!

3) The Fame
Especially if you’re known as the crazy one you are definitely bound to gain some status. Just think of all those new instagram followers!

And if likeable enough you’ll be brought back for another season looking for love and have many more occasions to wear cocktail dresses.

4) Promote Yourself
My all time favourite bachelorette Kaitlin Bristowe admitted on her recent Ted Talk interview that she did originally apply for the show in order to promote her lifestyle brand!

(She ended up finding love at the same time so that’s fun)

Check her out for yourself!

The last finale episode of the Bachelorette was watched by 6.86 million total viewers. If you wanted to name drop your business, your personal brand, or one of your own products, using the Bachelornation would be a great place do it. 

Also as a cast member given the popularity you receive, endorsement deals will flood your way!

Let the cash roll in!

5) Get Invited To Be On Bachelor In Paradise!
It’s like Spring Break, but with marriage at the end of your vacation.

6) The Wild Dates
Because a hot air balloon ride, a road trip and a romantic dinner all in the same night are definitely not in my budget.

Neither is the opportunity to pop in to Mexico City for fashion week…

If you’re looking for something with a little more sophistication than “Netflix and Chill”, this show is for you.

7) And Last But Not Least: Free Roses!
What you choose to do with them is up to you.

If you think reality tv is for you, take a chance and apply!

You never know what the future will hold ;)

Picture Credits
Cover Picture, 1, 2. 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14

Sources
Youtube, TV Series Finale, Heavy, Inquisitr