What I Did This Weekend With Stella & Dot

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Ottawa chapter.

Catherine Landriault was gracious enough to host Her Campus U Ottawa in her lovely home for an exclusive insight into a Stella & Dot trunk show. Stella & Dot Independent Stylist, Johanne Albert, introduced her friends to an eyeful of beautiful baubles and arm candy. Catherine had about 8-10 women attend this event and all the women agreed upon the great versatility of the pieces. 

A trunk show generally means that a stylist from Stella and Dot brings her collection to a private party or public function. These trunk shows are often held at the hostess’ home and are accompanied by a few of her friends. The hostess is also eligible to win jewellery, and, as in this case, also win a free makeup pouch. In order to keep up with the fall trends, the selection featured sparks of cobalt blue and fiery reds. 

The jewellery displays arranged at this event were suited towards the specific tastes of the attendees. Many of the women were looking for more statement pieces, along with a few everyday, simple ones. The great interest in the bags and makeup pouches was also obvious within the crowd. 

This was Catherine’s first trunk show and she says she enjoyed doing it.  The pieces were very versatile and age appropriate for her and her friends, and a few of the ladies were kind enough to grant me some testimonial reviews of the products:

“I find that the pieces are easy to wear, and every Stella & Dot item I’ve ever purchased have been pieces I wear all the time.”

“I’m pretty easy to please when it comes to jewellery so I find all different styles contained within one company.”

The mere fact that you are able to find all your needs within one company is admirable on its own. The diverse colour and style range present here today became convincing enough to make the whole event a slamming success. When your customers are happy, you’re happy. 

As a business venture, this would be a smart one to make if you love fashion! Blend your own personal style with some new ideas for a look that is entirely your own. 

Want a chance to see some of these products for yourself? Stella & Dot will be featured in our January Fashion Show “Catwalk for the Cure.” For more information and tickets head over to www.catwalkforthecure.com