She Dines for BRUNCH

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Ottawa chapter.

We all know and covet that time on a Saturday or a Sunday, after a night out or too defeated to begin studying again – the remedy and the best way to start the day, is with brunch of course. A meal that lets you eat anything you want essentially, from omelettes, club sandwiches to french toast or belgian waffles. Did I forget to mention a meal that allows acceptable day drinking on a Sunday?

These are the next best brunch places in Ottawa that you should check out starting next weekend.

Stoneface Dolly’s (416 Preston Street)

Found in the heart of Little Italy, Stoneface Dolly’s serves everything from Jerk Breakfast ribs, with their homemade molasses toast, to Ricotta Blueberry Pancakes. If you are thinking of heading there, you should definitely get there early since Dolly’s is known to have lines outside and around of their restaurant. They even open at 8:30 AM on weekends to seat as many people as possible.

Fraser Café (7 Springfield Rd)

Food that packs a lot of punch defines Fraser Café. Offering dishes like their version of Huevos Rancheros with spiced black beans, a classic eggs benedict served with porchetta and their hot-smoked trout served with capers on sourdough. A more contemporary designed restaurant that is located right across the river from Lowertown. They even serve donuts on their brunch menu!

The Scone Witch (150 Elgin Street)

Located in the centre of downtown Ottawa, just blocks away from Parliament Hill is where you will find The Scone Witch. Their brunch menu includes their standard dishes as well as sandwich-soup specials. But really go for the scones, you won’t regret it. On your way out, you might as well pick up a dozen scones and a jar of jam to last you the week to satisfy those cravings you’ll be having later on.

The Urban Pear (151 Second Avenue)

Head to the other side of town to the Glebe to the Urban Pear for a bit of everything. Their menu will indulge your sense by offering a lobster or crab cake benny, stuffed french toast with brie cheese and cinnamon poached pears, to a duck burger. Although a little pricier than your average brunch menu, it’s definitely worth it once in awhile.

Round up the girls, head to one of these places, order a coffee (or a mimosa) and start your weekend off right, and properly fed.

Picture Sources

1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Janice Fu

U Ottawa

Janice Fu is a fourth year International Development and Globalization Student with a minor in Political Science. She is currently a writer for the HerCampus UOttawa News Team.