This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Ottawa chapter.

Yes, the Devil DOES in fact wear Prada, and let me tell you this fall she is looking something FIERCE! She is strutting her stuff in blacks, reds, olives, and blues, ladies and gentlemen, and I am about to give you the insight into the very mysterious trending colors of fall/winter 2014/2015!! No matter your budget, your gender, your style, you can definitely incorporate these fab fall colours into your wardrobe and strut your stuff just as much as the next person! 

This year, the fall colours represent boldness, fierceness, beauty, and independence! These are super great colors to accessorize with and maybe add that bold red Mac lipstick you’ve been dying to wear, but haven’t found the opportunity. Now is the time to change and adapt your style that screams YOU! And if it already does, then accentuate it even more! You want that double take people give you when you walk by, the one that shows the world how courageous and fierce your inner Merryl Streep is. 

When it comes to trending colors, it’s hard to say what these exact colors are every season because they are constantly changing … and for some reason only certain people, magazines, and celebrities start these so-called “trending colors” that influence readers and fans to expand their wardrobe and accessorize to no end! Let me tell you one thing though, when you look at major design companies such as Chanel, Dolce & Gabbana, Yves Saint Laurent, and even Fendi, you will eventually find the subtle repetition of various colors, and those colours are what you want to take a mental note of!

So, without further ado, here are a bunch of different ways to wear up these fab fall colors with some class!

BLACK 

Sexy and classy!

Black is always the perfect shade to add to any outfit because it ties the whole look together. Whether you wear black stockings, black heels, or even accessorize with black jewelry and a cute handbag, the shade will help pull the outfit together and give it body and volume. The color black is a super common shade that you can find in many stores, whether its American Apparel, Aritzia, Zara, etc. making it an easy color to get your beautiful hands on! Karl Lagerfeld, Chanel designer, expresses his fascination towards black [and white]: “Black-and-white always looks modern, whatever that word means.” 

GREY

Simple, Elegant, Pristine

As for grey, it’s a shade that adds some elegance, and simplicity to an outfit that may have bolder colors-thereby making your style look fresh and classy! You can easily wear some cute grey pumps, or add a grey headband, and accessorize your look with a grey clutch, and even a cute winter hat and mitts! This is also a very class-friendly shade and great to wear out to a classy dinner… or even a date ;)

BURGUNDY

Beautiful, Sensual, Fierce!

This season, burgundy is quite a popular color – it’s bold, it’s fun, it’s sensual, and it brings out the best in women and men!

Red is a very daring color that can add mystery and excitement to your outfit, making you look classy, yet professional! This is an excellent color to wear to work, or to an evening class… you can also find beautiful dresses and skirts as a real eye-catcher for night events.

However, the thing with red is that you can’t over do it! A cute trick is to have one flashy red or burgundy item and the rest of the outfit keep subtle with blacks, or whites. This will help give your outfit a body but also a give that ruby item the chance to be the heart of the outfit! 

GREEN/OLIVE 

Elegant, Vibrant, Fun!

Olive is such a beautiful color that brings out any girl or guy with hazel eyes a beautiful advantage. It’s also a color that stands out with the fall leaves, and the brings warmth to your look, no matter the outfit! 

BLUES, BABY

Cute, Light, Sophisticated

Finally, BLUE! This color has been loved by many and has been worn in many ways. It’s a color that can easily be found, but it’s also a color that adds boldness and flavor to your outfits. This fall, were seeing navy blue or cobalt blue outfits being sported with confidence, making eyes turn! As you can see from the picture above, you can accessorize in many ways, whether its with a statement skirt and neutral pumps or even a full business suit! This color means business, but it also brings out the elegance in us ;)

So, HC ladies, which colour will you be rocking this fall? Let us know and tag us in your pics on Instagram and Twitter, We’d love to know what you’re loving this season!

Credits: 1 2 3 4 5 6 

Hey my name is Madison, and I'm a fourth year English & Communications major at the University of Ottawa. I love fashion, beauty, and anything health related! I'm a frequent blogger (yay for tumblr), painter, writer, vinyl collector, traveler, shopaholic, and a hopeless romantic.