This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Ottawa chapter.

Her Campus uOttawa proudly gives this couple the ship name Marhys!

Name:

Marley Barzen and Rhys Mason

Age: 

Her: 19

Him: 20

Program of study:

Her: Honours Specialization in Psychology with a minor in Business Administration

Him: Joint Honours in Communications and Political Science

How long have you been together?

Him: It’s been 7 months, give or take.

How did you two meet?

Her: We ran into each other 3-4 times on the second night of frosh in first year and I invited Rhys and a few other people back to my place for a night of fun and games.

What is the first thing that attracted you to one another?

Her: His jaw line

Him: I liked her hair

Who made the first move?

Her: Rhys kissed me first and when I asked him why, he answered, “because I thought you wanted me to”.

When was your first date?

It’s was 18 months later, we went for a walk down by the Locks and sat on a tree branch overlooking the water and parliament and just talked, for like 3 hours.

Describe the thing you love most about your partner:

Him:  she makes a lot of cute faces and she’s a total badass (or at least she tries to be).

Her: He wants to know everything about everything.

What is the best memory you two shared together?

Him: Whenever we go back to her hometown, and just watch movies and hang out with her cats (and her mom, shoutout to Monique).

Her: We went to the park and read poetry for a while, drank a few beers, and just “talked” until like 2am.

Where will you two be on Valentine’s Day?

Having lunch at Play and then driving to Toronto to spend some time with her brother.

Gloria Charles-Pierre is Her Campus uOttawa Alumni. She was one of our writers for four years and the French editor for two years. Gloria graduated from the University of Ottawa with a degree in Arts specialized in French Lierature and two certificates in LSQ (Langue des Signes Québécoise). Now, she is in Teachers College and loving it. Gloria spends her time doing kick-boxing and working on her personnal writing project while growing in her faith. She hopes to travel more, and to continue her studies with a Masters in Education and also continue working in editing.