This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Ottawa chapter.

Name:  Katherine Tran

Program: Biology

Year of graduation: May 2014

Relationship status: In a relationship

Favorite spot in Ottawa: If you haven’t been, you really have to check out this eclectic coffee/teashop in the market called The Tea Party. Every wall is covered with jars and jars of tealeaves, and their homemade goodies are so delish! It’s the perfect spot to catch up with a friend, and makes an awesome study spot too.

Fun Fact about yourself: I’m a runner! Nothing makes me happier than a long run down the canal. So far, I’ve run two half marathons and a 10k somewhere in between. Hopefully I’ll be signing up for another this summer.  

Who is your celebrity Crush?I’m going to play the obvious card and say Ryan Gosling. That man has some serious charm.

Are you involved in any extracurricular activities?I run ourMode (www.ourmode.ca), a his and her style blog with my boyfriend. We do our own photography and editing, we style ourselves, and often collaborate with local photographers and talent. Especially as a biology student, blogging is a ridiculously fun way to express my creative side, which often gets neglected in school! 

Where can we find you on a Saturday night?I’m really not much of a partier, so on a Saturday night, you’ll probably either find me at the gym getting a good sweat, or at home blogging with my beau.

What was your best memory at University so far?This is probably the most difficult question to answer. I honestly can’t narrow this down to a single experience, but rather a general sense of how much I’ve grown since I moved to Ottawa. Moving to a new city and being at this school has made me step outside of my comfort zone, and pursue things that I really enjoy, and that I never pictured myself doing – like fashion blogging for one! So maybe it’s not so much as my “best memory”, but it’s all these positive vibes that really stand out when I look back. 

If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live? I spent a few months living in Los Angeles, and its there that I realized that I was a city girl at heart. Between the fashion, interesting and open-minded people, and endless supply of things to do and see, I would love to end up there.

What are your future goals and aspirations?My future aspiration is to become a small animal veterinarian. I’ve always loved animals, and have worked at a bunch of animal hospitals in the past few years. This is definitely where my heart is, and with lots of work and determination, is where I know I’ll end up!

Gloria Charles-Pierre is Her Campus uOttawa Alumni. She was one of our writers for four years and the French editor for two years. Gloria graduated from the University of Ottawa with a degree in Arts specialized in French Lierature and two certificates in LSQ (Langue des Signes Québécoise). Now, she is in Teachers College and loving it. Gloria spends her time doing kick-boxing and working on her personnal writing project while growing in her faith. She hopes to travel more, and to continue her studies with a Masters in Education and also continue working in editing.