This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Ottawa chapter.

We’ve all been there: standing in front of the mirror and imagining what our hair would look like short. Maybe you’ve even gone on one of those websites that shows you what you would look like with short hair. With summer coming up, it’s the perfect time to cut your hair short and explore a new hairstyle! Here are ten reasons why you should cut your hair:

1. It’s a great way to make a change in your life
Cutting your hair can spice up your life just enough to pull you out of the rut you’ve been in. While it’s not as drastic as other changes you could make to your life, it will freshen you up and make you feel brand new.

2. You can wake up later
Seriously! Since cutting my hair, I get at least ten more minutes of sleep. Say goodbye to time consuming styling. With short hair you can wake up, brush it, and go!

3. It will make summer easier
Spring is here and summer is just around the corner. Dealing with long hair when it’s warm outside can be a pain. Short hair is not only easy to style, but it will keep you cooler because it will keep your hair off your neck and back. Plus, it won’t become weighed down when you hit the beach or the pool.

4. You will save on shampoo and conditioner
Yep, cutting your hair can save you money too! This one is pretty obvious, but with shorter hair, you’ll be using less shampoo and conditioner, making your shampoo bottles last longer and saving you money in the long run.

5. Short hair suits everyone
The great thing about getting a short haircut is that there are so many options to choose from. While there isn’t a ton of variation for long haircuts, there are almost endless possibilities for short haircuts. That means that everyone can find a short haircut that works for them!

6. You can still style it
Even though short hair is easy to keep up with on a day-to-day basis, it doesn’t mean you can’t still style it when you want to! Short hair is easy to curl and straighten and takes about half the time as long hair does.

7. It works wonderfully with curly hair…

8. …and straight hair!

9. You will feel more independent.
Cutting your hair can boost your confidence and make you feel more independent. You’ll no longer have your shield of long hair to hide behind and it creates a larger focus on you and your face, instead of your long hair. Remember, confidence is sexy!

10. You can check it off your bucket list
Cutting your hair means that you can finally know what you will actually look like with short hair. Not only will you change your life, but you can check it off your bucket list and stop wondering.

If worst comes to worst, hair will always grow back. Now get out there and rock your short hair!

Source: Cover

SaveSave

Bethany is currently a fourth year Anthropology and Sociology student at the University of Ottawa. She loves fashion, makeup, travel and her dog Gatsby. In her spare time, she loves writing, reading, and exploring the city.