This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mich chapter.

As second semester rolls around, you realize graduation is just around the corner and the real world is in sight.

Here are a few tips to get prepared for life post college:

1.  Make a LinkedIn

LinkedIn is the easiest way (and is free!) to see job postings and have employers find you too. Check out last week’s feature article for the “dos and don’t’s” of LinkedIn.

2.  Figure out what you want to do next year

While this is probably the hardest part, it will give you some direction. Do your research and look at jobs and positions that are open for recent grads. Having a dream job in mind will keep you motivated. Just make sure not to set your heart on ONLY your dream job.

3.  Use the university’s resources

The career center is on campus to help you. Michigan has a HUGE alumni network with people all across the country who are willing to help a fellow wolverine just like you!

4.  Use rejection as a learning tool

You will apply to many jobs and you, most likely, will not get an offer from all of them. Instead of getting discouraged, use that rejection as a lesson and chance to grow. You can even ask someone at HR why you did not receive the offer so you can better your resume, interview skills, work experience, etc.

5.  Enjoy your senior year!

This is your last semester of college…ever! Enjoy your time. Everything will work out in the end! 

Images courtesy of: Twitter, WordPress, University of Michigan, fastcompany.net, hubspot.net, and Buzzfeed