This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mich chapter.

Spring break – every college student’s favorite time of year. Spring break means we’re almost done with another year of school and we get a week off to celebrate! However, unlike the movies, not every college student gets to soak up the sun on a warm beach somewhere. That’s not a problem, there are plenty of other ways to take advantage of this much-needed break!

Alternative Spring Breaks

Most colleges offer programs that can connect students with alternative Spring breaks. These breaks can help build a resume. Students spend their break doing community service work or getting a head start in the internship world. Alternative spring breaks are great for students looking to gain work experience as well as having a fun spring break!

Spa Day

If a beach can’t be a part of your break, but you’re still looking for a way to relax and unwind, think of having a spa day! Get a couple friends together and have a girls’ day with your mom, grandma, and sister! Or, have a romantic day with your significant other and get pampered. Massages, facials, mani-pedis – the whole works. Have a nice relaxing day and you’re sure to keep that relaxed state through the rest of the week.

Weekend Get Away 

No matter which state you live in, there’s no way you’ve visited every city. Spend a couple of days in a city you’ve never been to. Stay in a hotel, go sightseeing, find cute cafes and bookstores, and discover a new town. This is great way to still travel and experience something new without having to break the bank!

Treat Yourself

College is stressful and sometimes we forget that there are ways we can treat ourselves – besides buying mac n’ cheese instead of ramen for a week. Use spring break to actually get something you want. Finally go to the salon and dye your hair, buy that dress from Urban Outfitters you’ve been eyeing all semester, buy those cute shoes you’ve been dreaming of, or finally try that hot yoga class. 

Couch Potato

You don’t even have to leave your room to relax and enjoy spring break! Take this week off to binge watch all the shows you’ve been dying to see, but haven’t had time to. If you haven’t watch Stranger Things, especially after all the hype since their super bowl commercial for Season Two, it’s the perfect time to not move for hours and understand what all the buzz is about. I also recommend, One Tree Hill, Gossip Girl, Grey’s Anatomy, and Shameless.

Photos courtesy of Gwinett School of Dance, gwins, giphy, Frankenmuthclock(cdn.shopify)