Meet Emily Lisner: HGIC (Hunt Girl In Charge)

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mich chapter.

Name: Emily Lisner

Major: Communications

Hometown: Bloomfield Hills, MI

Her Campus: What is the Hunt? 

Emily Lisner: The Hunt is a community-driven style and shopping app that tracks down the items you want. The user can post a photo of what they are looking for and receive personalized shopping suggestions.

HC: How did you get involved with the Hunt?

EL: I was in an entrepreneurship class last year and we had to determine a problem, or pain point, and find a solution. My team discovered the problem of wanting an item, but not knowing where to locate it. We did extensive customer discovery and found that this was in fact a real problem, and the solution actually already existed– The Hunt. I reached out to members of The Hunt and explained my project, and they were extremely open and excited to talking to me. I then found out that they were starting a campus ambassador program and knew that I wanted to be involved! 

HC: What is your favorite part about the application?

EL: My favorite part of the app is the dedicated user base. It amazes me how invested the users are in helping others find the items that they want.

HC: How many people are on the Hunt team for Michigan, and what do they do? 

EL: There are 11 members on the Hunt University of Michigan team, including myself. Our team is comprised of “Style Scouts” and our responsibility is to spot trends on campus and to publicize The Hunt. The goal of this program is to increase downloads and awareness about The Hunt at the University of Michigan.

HC: Do you think that you will be involved with something in fashion after you graduate?

EL: It’s definitely possible! 

HC: Where are your favorite places to shop in Ann Arbor?

EL: I love V2V!

HC: Thank you so much for taking to us!

EL: Anytime! Make sure to download The Hunt using this code:  http://bit.ly/HuntUMICH and follow @HuntUMich!