Matt Pierce, Class of 2017

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mich chapter.

You’d be lucky to bump into this sweet, motivated engineer and aspiring entrepreneur on-campus and chat him up about his future plans:

Name: Matt Pierce

Hometown: Brighton, MI

Major: Biomedical Engineering

Her Campus: What are you involved with on campus?

Matt Pierce: I am involved with the Biomedical Engineering Society, Alternative Spring Break (I went to the country capital of Nashville last year!), and am in the process of engineering and starting my own company from the ground up right now.

HC: Who is your celebrity crush?

MP: Definitely Hayden Panettiere.

HC: Single or taken?

MP: Happily taken for almost two and a half years.

HC: What do you think is the key to a healthy and successful relationship?

MP: I would say the two biggest keys to a healthy relationship are honesty and the ability to communicate with each other.

HC: Describe your dream date.

MP:  My dream date would be eating a really great Italian dinner on a beach somewhere.

HC: Where do you think we’ll see you in 5 years?

MP: In five years, I hope to either be working as an engineer in the healthcare field or a successful entrepreneur running my own company.

Rebecca Lawson is the Managing Editor (former Editor in Chief) of Her Campus at the University of Michigan. She is a senior in the University of Michigan School of Information's new Bachelor of Science in Information program, and is also pursuing Michigan's Program in Entrepreneurship certificate. After graduation, she will be working as an Associate Consultant for Microsoft in the Seattle area. Follow her on Twitter and Instagram @abovethelawson! And be sure to follow our chapter's Twitter and Instagram @hercampusumich!