This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mich chapter.

When I was 10 years old, I mastered the buttonhook in my backyard with my dad. I went to every Ravens game, and to this day, being at M&T Bank Stadium, with the fireworks shooting off as the players enter the field, is my happy place. I have the dorkiest smile on my face just thinking about it. Michigan football and the Big House was definitely a draw to come to Michigan, and ever since I have only missed one game – OSU freshman year. But don’t worry; I won’t be making that same mistake again this year.

Football is the best sport, and I’m going to tell you why:

For starters, football stadiums are never quiet. You are on your feet cheering and shouting the entire time, most likely decked out in your team’s attire. Everyone is so excited at a first down, a successful Hail Mary, or, obviously, a touchdown.

Which brings me to my next point: touchdown dances. Watching an over-excited player break it down with the absurd dance moves he didn’t even know he had in him never gets old.

Then there are the outfits. You can look like your team threw up on you and totally fit in. I have to confess, I have a Ravens hat that is topped with a giant, fuzzy Raven and comes down by my sides to turn into gloves. It’s my favorite accessory. And when it comes to dressing up for the Big House, nothing beats overalls, a onesie, and facepaint—all of which I have proudly sported. Besides, once it gets cold out, anything goes.

And let’s not forget about TAILGATES. For the NFL, tailgates are classic ways to do the 3 B’s: Bond, BBQ, and Beer. Get hyped up for the game by grilling up some burgers and blaring music in a sea full of cars. But of course nothing compares to a Michigan game day tailgate: elevated surfaces, 5:30am wakeups, rain, snow, shine, you name it, we’ll all still be there, early and pumped up. The BurgerFi employees and drunk people selling tickets for $1 will become your best friends by the end of the season.

Oh and rivalries… there’s nothing like watching the Ravens beat the Stealers from the 8th row on Thanksgiving night in 2013, or UMich CRUSH OSU (fingers crossed) pretty soon. That glorious feeling of accomplishment after you cheered for your favorite team yet did absolutely nothing to actually help them win is simply amazing.

Last but certainly not least, the Super Bowl. There’s no better excuse to stuff your face with nachos and mini hotdogs or spend hours watching TV than the Super Bowl. The commercials will send you through a whirlwind of emotions, from crying at the Budlight puppy/horse relationship, being uncomfortable with the Bar Rafaeli Go Daddy commercial yet not looking away, to then laughing at the Kim Kardashian “save the data” commercial.

So to all those girls out there who hate football and think it’s boring and dumb, go to a game at the Big House, watch a game in a sports bar, and you’ll change your mind. And to the guys who don’t think girls can be football fans, you clearly haven’t met me yet. Go Ravens, Go Blue, and go join a fantasy league because right now I’m #4 and mad proud of it.