8 Reasons You Don’t Need a Date for A Date Party

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mich chapter.

“Date party.” This phrase has lead to so much stress for so many girls across the nation. Do you take a guy friend? Should you work up the courage to ask that cute guy from your psych class? What if you get set up and he ends up being super weird and pushy? There’s no need to worry about that anymore – a new phenomenon is sweeping across the nation in which girls no longer need dates to date parties. Why put yourself through the stress of finding the perfect date when you could simply go with your best girl friend?

1.     No More Stress Over Your Appearance

Although it may not seem like it at first, going with your best girl friend can actually make date party a lot more fun and relieve any stress you could possibly have. When you aren’t going with a guy, you don’t have any stress or pressure to make your makeup perfect or your hair curl just right. You don’t need to worry about if your heels make you too tall or your dress makes you look chubby. Actually, you don’t need to worry about anything besides having fun.

2.   No Awkwardness

There’s a chance your date has never successfully flirted before, doesn’t like to dance, or doesn’t have much to say. But going with your BFF means no worrying about keeping up the conversation on the long bus ride. Instead, the two of you can gossip about your friends’ dresses and the newest and cutest couples. There’s no pressure to make small talk about things you don’t even care about – you can just relax.

3.   Dance your Heart Out

Once at the club, there’s no need to worry about your date being an awkward dancer. You and your best gal can just let loose on the dance floor and break out into your classic shopping cart, sprinkler, and disco moves. You know you’re not going to scare away your date with your wicked dance moves because you and your bestie can keep up with the music for hours on end.

4.     Free to be You

Since you don’t need to worry about impressing your date at the club, you’ll feel much more comfortable with yourself. With no expectations to maintain, you can reveal your goofy, fun-loving self to everyone around you. In fact, some of your friends may even start to get a little jealous of how much fun your having.

5.   Make Him Come to You

While your dancing your troubles away, you may even catch the eye of a guy who’s there as a friend and looking for a new girl. Giving yourself a night to look gorgeous for your own sake will increase your confidence for the future. While on the dance floor with your newfound confidence, he’ll notice you on his own.

6.   Find Yourself

Focusing on yourself is super important, especially in college when you don’t always get time to yourself. This is the time to be finding yourself, your passions, and your true personality. Use date parties as an opportunity to explore your own greatness just for your own sake – without trying to impress some guy.

7.   No Drama

Without a date, you don’t need to worry about a guy liking you and you’re not into him. Or what if you really like him but he’s just not feeling it? You could also find yourself in a situation where your best friend tells you she likes your date, and then you’re screwed. Going with your best girl friend will definitely eliminate all of the unnecessary and silly date party drama.

8.    Better Memories

Most importantly, going to a date party with your friends will create even more incredible memories that you’ll have with you for the rest of your life. If you chose to get set up blindly for your date party, there’s a chance he’s mean, or too pushy, or too quiet, or too awkward. He could even ditch you and wind up in the bathroom all night. Of course this does not always happen, but when you go with your girl friends you can make sure you’ll have an incredible night. If you focus on your girls, your guy situation will fall right into place.