7 Ideas for Fall in Ann Arbor

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mich chapter.

It’s officially fall, and there’s no place I’d rather spend the season than Ann Arbor. Here’s a list of fun things to do in AA during this time of year.

1.     Hit up the Cider Mill—Wiards Cider Mill is located just outside of Ann Arbor, in Ypsilanti. They have delicious cider and doughnuts, the scenery is beautiful, and there are a ton of activities to do. There’s a corn maze, a hayride, and apple and pumpkin picking.

2.     Head to the Huron River—There are two locations that offer rentals for things like canoeing, kayaking, and stand up paddle boarding. You don’t need reservations! Make plans to go with friends before it gets too cold!

3.     Oktoberfest—Arbor Brewing Company does its own version of Oktoberfest on October 3rd from 5:00pm-midnight. They close down the street and put up beer tents at the corner of Main and Washington. There’s live music, brats, and beer galore.

4.     Turkey Trot—If you’re in town for Thanksgiving, take part in Ann Arbor’s Thanksgiving Day Turkey Trot! Make it a family affair, or sign up to run with friends. The race is a 5k—the course starts at E. Liberty, and loops back at The Big House. This year there’s an ugly sweater contest and awards for the best costumes, so be creative and dress up!

5.     Rocky Horror Picture Show—this movie is a cult classic, and one of my all time favorites! There are midnight showings at the Michigan Theatre on October 24th and 25th. Tickets are $7—be sure to buy them early! 

6.     Play frisbee in the Law Quad

7.     Go to the Arb— Bring a camera, enjoy the beauty.