4 Ways to Dress For Multi-Seasonal Weather

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mich chapter.

Oh no, it’s that time of the year again. And by that I mean the time when you might ask yourself, what exactly is going on with this weather? If you’re in Ann Arbor, you know what I’m talking about when I say there are times that we experience four seasons in one week. For the most part, we’re stuck in an uncomfortable stage in between winter and spring. And for my fellow fashionistas, our biggest concern is what to wear in order to stay comfortable in the weather while keeping up with the latest trends.

Fortunately, I have 4 solutions to different outfits and accessories that will keep you prepared for the weather and still looking fabulous.

1. Jean shorts and a cardigan.

If you’re too tired to be throwing on the same pair of jeans again, try a pair of jean shorts. Most all of us are hesitant to wear shorts in fear that it will be too chilly out, but jean shorts look great with tanks and sweaters and you’ll still be protected from the cold. You can choose the type of sweater based on how warm you want to be, and can always throw on a scarf for extra protection (or just to look great).

2. Black leggings, a cute top, and a jean vest.

Black leggings serve about every use possible by keeping you warm and comfortable at all times of the year. When it’s cold out you can throw a parka over them, and when it’s warm a tank. Meanwhile, try a jean vest, a long sleeve shirt and any brand of black leggings. All of these clothing items can be bought at just about any store, and look great as a combination. Regardless of what they say about orange, there is never a new black.

3. Puffy vests

They’ll become your best friends. When it comes to be this time of year, I never go a week without my Northface puffy vest. These vests are great for a couple key reasons: 1) They always look cute, 2) They go with almost anything, 3) They keep you warm, but don’t make you sweat.

4. Aviator sunglasses with just about anything.

Once the sun peaks it’s head out for the first time, it does not leave until the winter hits once again. Regardless of how hot or cold it is outside during the spring, it will almost always be sunny. Whether you buy your them at your local Target or the Sunglass Hut, aviators will always shield your eyes from those UV rays. Try wearing Ray Bans with a cute sweater, jeans, shorts, cardigans, you name – because no matter what, they’re no better accessory.

Photos courtesy of http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-vHFksk_btaM/T9qfMucXYmI/AAAAAAAAByk/SqTs1lf8Ik…, Viviana Pernot, and http://www.x17online.com/images/photo-sets/conv/RWitherspoonBag011412_X1…