15 Thoughts We’ve Had While Working in the Fishbowl

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mich chapter.

Here we are for again for the Winter Semester! Michigan can’t decide if it’s winter or spring or some mix between the two, leaving us in a gray area, literally and figuratively! But even though Michigan can’t make up its mind, many of us confer that there are certain thoughts that have crossed all of our minds whilst trying to get something done in the Fishbowl as Michigan tries to get its act together. A few of these thoughts go something like this:

1. What’s for dinner?

2. Why am I so tired all the time? Oh yeah, school. Riiiight.

3. I really should be doing something productive.

4. *Smells delicious aroma*  Someone has food…What is it? Chipotle?! Maybe I should take a study break and get some because obviously I can’t work on an empty stomach!

5. Ok, I’m gonna quick browse Pinterest and satisfy the procrastinator in me and THEN I’ll get to work!

6. Soooo many things to make! Pin ALL the pins!

7. Ok, let’s get down to business! *Sings Mulan internally*

8. Maybe if I stare at the screen long enough, words will appear.

9. Why is it that whenever I’m trying to procrastinate everyone I text is busy?

10. Lol, that clip from Family Guy those guys are watching is hilarious.

11. Y’know, writing this paper would probably only take a half hour if I really tried…Welp, another two hours of procrastinating, here I come!

12. The guy next to me looks like he’s doing homework for Calc 4. Bless him.

13. What would happen if I just dropped out? *Scrolls through the Internet for types of jobs I could get*

14. Y’know, I have 3 papers, 2 labs, 5 quizzes, and a homework assignment to do. Crap.

15. It’s already after 12, there’s no sense in trying to work now! I’m fried! I’ll get it done tomorrow!

Image courtesy of: College Magazine.