10 Reasons Why Michigan is Better than OSU

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mich chapter.

Since Michigan and Ohio State are arguably (ok, more like definitely) the biggest rivalry in the Big 10, it only makes sense for us to list 10 reasons why we are the LEADERS and BEST! 

1. Because of our food. Even President Obama had to make it to Zingerman’s when he chose to deliver his speech on minimum wage at U of M.

Also, when it comes to brunch, there’s no contest. Does Ohio have Angelos, The Broken Egg, Sava’s, Afternoon Delight, or Zingerman’s? Didn’t think so.

2. Because OSU’s mascot is literally a nut…how threatening?

3. Because sometimes we aren’t sure if we go to Michigan or Hogwarts.

4. Because gamedays start at 6 am. We wouldn’t say “Saturday mornings are the best nights of the week” if we didn’t mean it.

5. Because Beyonce doesn’t show up to just any school’s half-time shows. #FLAWLESS

6. Because Ann Arbor is so amazing, it’s been the setting for movies like No Strings Attached, The Five Year Engagement, and Youth in Revolt. (Plus, Jason Segel looks even more adorable sporting a Michigan hat.)

7. Because people look WAYYY better in maize and blue than they do in scarlett and grey.

8. Because our alumni change lives. Ever heard of Google (Larry Page) or the iPod (Tony Fadell)? What about Madonna, Derek Jeter, Tom Brady, Selma Blair, Lucy Liu, or Michael Phelps ?

9. Because Harvard isn’t the OSU of the East.

10. Because we’re the number one public university in the world!

Be sure to like this article on Facebook, retweet it on Twitter, and like it on Instagram to help Her Campus Michigan BEAT OSU!

Photo credit to University of Michigan’s Facebook, Stuff White People Like, Business Insider, CBS Local, and Ann Arbor.com

Rebecca Lawson is the Managing Editor (former Editor in Chief) of Her Campus at the University of Michigan. She is a senior in the University of Michigan School of Information's new Bachelor of Science in Information program, and is also pursuing Michigan's Program in Entrepreneurship certificate. After graduation, she will be working as an Associate Consultant for Microsoft in the Seattle area. Follow her on Twitter and Instagram @abovethelawson! And be sure to follow our chapter's Twitter and Instagram @hercampusumich!